Sunday, December 24, 2023

Keeping Busy

 Yesterday was a mix of sunshine and some clouds. The high got to 1C. This morning it is fairly clear and -5C. We are to have sunshine, clouds and some wind with a high of 6C. 

Lifestyle

I started the morning out boiling eggs and getting them prepped for devilled eggs for tonight. The yolk mixture was made and all is in the fridge marinading to enhance the flavour. 

I puttered around the house in the morning. I swept floors, cleaned the bathroom and mopped that floor. I tidied up the living room, was up and down to the basement to get things and had a busy morning. The last job was to clean the kitchen. I was happy with what I got done. 

I got the tags made for daughter-in-law. They were fun to make. I have designed two shapes to cut out on the Cricut. The machine will print and cut them in one step rather than print from the printer and then cut. I am excited about that. I will do a trial run after Christmas to see if the size is correct. A good way to use up scraps of paper from making candy holders.

I was out to family's for a lovely dinner. For dessert they brought out the sample box they get monthly from Japan. We tried one of the little packages of treats and I found the vanilla flavour very sweet. The chocolate was less sweet. We tried a jelly treat and you eat them slowly to get the flavour. It was nice. We also tasted some potato chips and they were very flavourful. They are cooked in sesame oil and have salt on them. Grandson showed me his boxes from months gone by and the whole experience was really wonderful. I learned a lot as they talked about the boxes they get. The January box has been shipped and you guessed it; I will be snooping through it. 

Sewing/Crafting

I didn't sew or do any clean up in the sewing room. I focused on counted cross stitching. I got the head and the scarf done on the snowman. 

The tinsel thread in the light grey is still a pain to work with but having one less thread has made the snowman look much better. 

 

I will continue to work on it over the next few days. 

Knitting

I knit more on the socks last night and am about half done the leg. I didn't take a picture of it but will today. 

Thoughts

    I put off cleaning the basement until after Christmas. I didn't want my hip and knee to be sore and me hobbling. I can go slowly and take breaks as needed. I will be up and down off the floor a lot which makes my hip tired. 

    I have decided to relax a bit on my diet for today and tomorrow. I can have one treat if I want to. Today I am choosing a coloured cake from Japan. I am not sure about Christmas Day's treat. Boxing Day I am back to being strict. I have a goal in mind and will work hard on it. I have been on the journey for almost 11 months and don't want to ruin my hard work. 

    We are to have warm sunny weather for today, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The snow will be gone (as will the ice). Then it will still be warm and wet until Friday when we could see some cooler weather and snow flurries. I have grown use to having a green Christmas but do miss having a white one once in a while.  

Today

I must do yoga this morning and then head out to grocery shop. I have to pick up the vegetable platter and a few things to hold me over as the stores won't open until Dec. 27. I will be going to family's in the afternoon for our Christmas Eve get together with friends. I will be home early in the evening to be with Elliott. 

Until the next time.............................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment