Saturday, December 16, 2023

A Wonderful Afternoon Out

 Yesterday as another sunny day with a high of 7.3C. This morning it is 3C. We are to have another sunny day with a high of 4C. We are under a weather warning for rain and high winds on Monday as a warm storm goes through.

Lifestyle

I was out the door early to get blood work done. I got to the hospital 10 minutes before my appointment time and signed in. I sat down waiting to get registered. The waiting room was quite full and I saw they had only done 2 blood work patients. I am assuming the rest were registered for day surgery or x-rays. Things were moving slowly and I sat and waited patiently. Just before my number was to be called, things stopped at 2 desks. The third desk was registering but not blood work. We all sat in the waiting area for a good 10-15 minutes while things got sorted out. I was called and was in 1 minute later. I had waited 45+ minutes. Grandson was there at noon and the wait was 30 minutes. We have a very efficient intake system and usually wait 5 minutes to register. Yesterday they were training a person and another person was newly trained and having problems. The cause of things being slow or delayed.

I got home and had coffee and breakfast. I knew my morning was done as I was tired from waiting so long with no food and the shock I had giving blood. It happens every time. I did a few things and rested a lot. 

Daughter-in-law and I went out for lunch and we had a lovely meal. I splurged and had a small hamburger and a few fries. It was delicious. We chatted and then left for Brooklyn. We got to the little shop and I bought a gift for friends and an ornament for daughter. We stopped at another shop to see what they had. It was lovely also but pricier. We headed home and I rested when we got home. I was still tired and knew it would be an early night. 

I practiced walking correctly yesterday. I can do it but I certainly walk slow. I am going to have to slow down and walk correctly rather than rush. I did practice walking sideways and that uses muscles that hurt. But I will continue practicing each day. 

I have lost another 1.3 lbs this week for a total of 58.6 lbs. I am now in the overweight BMI category. I will be talking to the doctor about what I should weigh so I am healthy and have enough resources left on me incase I need them for surgery or illness. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was out and about. 

I did work on the snowman and am making progress. I also am going to start making decisions on the which fabric to use on the spine of the journal. I hope I have enough black fabric. If not, red stripe. 

Knitting

I knit 10 rounds on the gusset last night. I was so tired that I kept thinking I was making mistakes when I hadn't. I had to stop after 10 rounds. 

I will continue working on them so they get under the tree for Christmas. 

Thoughts

    The storm coming in could be wicked. They are forecasting winds of up to 100 km/hr. That means we could have no power. I have to go to osteopathy that morning. I will be coming right home afterwards. I need to be ready for this storm.  I will expect the worst and hope for the best.

    I am still trying to figure out how next year will look. I want to start walking at the arena 2 to 3 times a week. With osteopathy, physio, and (possibly) massage I will be busy. I also have to do yoga 5 to 7 times a week. I certainly will be busy getting fit. 

    My IBS continues to have flare ups so I am going back to eating chicken and rice for a few days. I think some of it was the stress of having to give blood, waiting for so long, and then my body having its usual bout of shock. This too will pass. 

Today

I have to bake cookies this morning and continue to wrap presents. I want to make the dill pickle bag this afternoon and knit tonight. I will work on the cross stitch when I have a few minutes. I am staying home today as I need to get Christmas things done. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment