Saturday, December 23, 2023

Slowing Down As Jobs Are Almost Done

 Yesterday was cloudy with a lot less wind. The sun even tried to shine. The high got to -3.6C. This morning it is clear and -10C. It is suppose to be sunny with clouds and a high of 0C. It is going to warm up.

Lifestyle

The morning started with yoga. I pushed myself to do every exercise carefully and to the point of feeling a bit of soreness. I am trying to get a bit more flexible and we wait and see. 

After yoga, I started to clean bedrooms. I did the spare room first and got the litter box area cleaned. I then finished the room and was pleased with having everything in its place. I am always cleaning this room due to the litter box being in there. 

Next up was my bedroom. I dusted and wiped to make sure there was no dust. I swept the floor which was a mistake. I stirred up the dust and had an allergy attack. I persisted and got the floor swept and mopped. I went back in later to do a bit more dry wiping on the floor. The room smelled incredibly clean after the dust had settled and was removed from the room. 

My neighbour's popped in for a minute to deliver 2 cinnamon type rolls in the tin I had delivered butter tarts in. They were warm and I had them for lunch. I wanted to do a bit of an experiment with my blood glucose. Four hours later I did my glucose and it was 7.1. It confirmed my suspicions that I need to stay away from sweets. Though they were delicious, they weren't worth having a high reading. No more sweets for me for quite a while. I need to stick to what I know is good for my body. 

I fell asleep on the couch in the afternoon. I slept for about an hour and woke feeling a bit more refreshed. Not having a lot to do left me bored. The wind bashing against the house for a few days also left me a bit short on sleep. 

Sewing

I did go down to the sewing room for a bit after lunch. I backed the Christmas tree cross stitch with light weight interfacing and stitched the cuffs down on the jeans. It felt strange not having another project to work on but it felt good knowing I will be cleaning up the room in a few days.  

I started doing the snowman cross stitch again using 2 strands of embroidery floss. A huge difference in how it looks. The rayon floss I used on the other 2 ornaments is finer/thinner than the regular embroidery floss. I made good progress and got quite a bit of the head stitched. 

Knitting

I knit quite a few rounds on the sock. I am not quite half done the first leg but am doing well on it. I will continue knitting on it until I have the 85 rounds done and then will start the 2nd sock and do those 85 rounds. I love to knit socks like this. 

Thoughts

    I was grateful that wind died down to almost calm yesterday. My nerves calmed down and I relaxed. I don't like the sound of wind, never have. Strangely enough, I have lived in a lot of windy areas in the past 50 years. I learn to tolerate it but never enjoy it. 

    With the sewing done and the room waiting for me to clean, I am bored. I may have to go down and fold the Christmas fabric to entertain myself. 

    As I was doing housework yesterday, I realized that I have improved mobility wise since starting osteopathy in early September. I am no longer worried about it and have focused on how to get even more mobile. The pain in the muscles and tendons is almost gone. The joints still hurt but are almost in their correct places. I can do more each week. The only thing that bothers me is weather changes. It makes the two bad joints hurt. I have to push myself to do things which isn't harmful to my body. 

Today

I have to boil a lot of eggs this morning and prep them for devilled eggs for tomorrow night. I need to make 2 tags for daughter-in-law which is an easy job. I have to do yoga, sweep floors and mop them. I want to cross stitch and knit. If I have time, I will do a bit of tidying up in the sewing room. I also need to take some pictures of the sock and cross stitch. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment