Monday, December 11, 2023

Nearing The End Of Projects

 Yesterday was a warm and cloudy day with a high of 13.5C. We did have the occasional shower but nothing to worry about. This morning it is windy and 16C. We are to have a wet day with a high of 14C (hmmmmmm). This is not unusual for us to have temperatures this high in December. 

Lifestyle

Yoga consisted of only the prescribed exercises. I did have some cracking as I aligned. Once Elliott heard it and his eyes got huge wondering what it was. I had very little pain in both my hip and knee. It was a good day for me pain wise.

I was up to New Minas yesterday morning to get a few small things to get me through the next week or 2. I was unable to get one item so will have to either wait for it to come in or go to another store for it.

I have almost finished decorating the house for Christmas. I want to tweak a few things as I am not happy with how they look. Pictures will come. I did buy flowers to add to the front window and I am loving the look. I have tags to remove. 

I had dinner out with family last night. It was chicken enchiladas and they were delicious. One of my favourite meals and always a treat. I did leave early as grandson had to study for exams. I wasn't going to stay and visit as he doesn't study as well when we are talking.

I have been diligent with my eating habits, removed onions from my diet and ate less to help my IBS. It is working which is great. I also lost weight this week; 2.4 lbs. which is a lot. I am .5 lb. from where the doctor wants me to be. I will continue to eat very carefully as I want this weight off plus more. 

Sewing

I made another bag from the left over reindeer fabric. I used a different fabric for the top part. It is 6.75" wide which is a tiny bit narrow but it worked for what I had to put inside. 

No picture of it closed but I am thinking of adding a red bead to the nose of the reindeer to make him into Rudolph. 

My next bag is planned and I hope to cut it out and start it today. Then I have to stop and think what I need to make size wise to finish up this year's gift bag making. 

I have got out a book to start recording ideas for next year's sewing. As I want to sew up all the Christmas fabric, I will start with it. It will mainly be bags. I have a few embroidery ideas to record also as I want to make a few wall hangings for daughter-in-law. I know when I put all my ideas into a book I was able to have a better idea of what I wanted to sew during the year. I need to do that again as I keep forgetting ideas that I have found. I will spend an afternoon working on it going through all my fabrics and craft materials. 

Knitting

I finished the toe on the sock last night. 

It was satisfying to get the toe sewn up and admire the lovely colours and how they flowed throughout the sock. 

The row markers will come out after the 2nd sock is knit. I use them as reference points. I can't wait to cast on 2nd sock and happily knit on it. 

Today

I am out to physio early this morning and once home I will have to finish up decorating and tweaking my displays. This afternoon I want to sew the next gift bag. I want to start the next cross stitch design and knit tonight. Other than getting Elliott more food after physio, I am staying home today. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment