Friday, December 22, 2023

It's Cold Out There

 Yesterday's weather was not pretty. We had freezing rain during the night and the wind was blowing hard. There were snow flurries in the afternoon with a high of 0.9C. This morning the wind is still blowing from the north and it is -8C with a windchill of -16C. We are to have clouds, sun, snow flurries, wind and a high of -5C with a windchill of -16C.  

Lifestyle

I didn't do yoga yesterday morning as I was to be out the door by 9 a.m for a hair cut. I had to put salt on the driveway with hopes of it melting some of the ice off. I dressed warmly and did the job. On my way to the hair dressers, I stopped and put the garbage cans from across the street into their bushes as they were scooting their way into the ditch. 

I drove carefully into Windsor for my hair cut. The roads were okay but one never knows after freezing rain. The roads in town were wet and free of ice. I had my hair cut and came right home. The wind was too cold to do anything. I was also worried about our streets as they had not been salted much during the night. The truck came around near noon and literally poured salt on the streets. They are now bare and safe to drive on. 

Once home, I folded laundry after warming up. I also did a bit of cleaning up. I know I was suffering from jangled nerves from the wind blowing hard against the house. I could not find a quiet spot to do anything. Not even in the basement. I finally turned on the TV to help drown out the noise. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room and did a bit of tidying up on the cutting table. I also put cuffs on a pair of jeans for a friend. I need to top stitch them in place and they are done. 

I was going to put cotton cuffs on them but found stretch denim in the doll's stash. I like it better as the jeans are stretch denim and it is denim. The top stitching will be in a dark denim so it blends in with the fabric. That job will be off my to-do list today. 

I put down the cross stitch snowman and have been thinking about it a lot. I am going to start over again as I am not happy with it. I am going to use 2 strands of embroidery floss vs 3 strands. I will add the silver thread to the grey. I will start it today as I want to see how it looks. 

I have been watching a lot of videos on junk journals and need to sort out what I want to do with mine. I am going back to the beginner's series I first watched so I can start planning mine. I do have to get a few more supplies after Christmas so I can proceed. 

Knitting

I started another pair of socks and knit 16 rounds on them. This pair is for grandson. 

Thoughts

    It was nice to have a day where I didn't have to do a lot of things and feel stressed all day. I am almost done my Christmas to-do list. I will be helping daughter-in-law prepare for dinners on Dec. 24 and 25th which I will enjoy doing.

    Yesterday was not as tough mentally as I had thought it would be. The Spousal Unit passed 15 months ago. I did think about him and I do miss him. But, I didn't go into as bad a funk as I had been. I know he will be forever in my heart as I move forward to live a life without him. 

    I am ready to start cleaning the basement after Christmas. It needs to be completed so I can start fresh in 2024. I am physically ready to start cleaning out under the stairs and am itching to start. Who knows, I may do a bit before Christmas. 

Today

I need to do yoga this morning and then will tidy up a bit. Floors need to be swept and mopped. I want to finish up the jeans. I may do a bit under the stairs if I have time. I want start the snowman again. I am going out to have a family dinner tonight. I hope to knit some when I get home. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment