Saturday, December 30, 2023

Mug Rugs Cut Out

 The weather yesterday was wet, dull, and downright miserable. We had rain, snow, and a high of 2C. There was over an inch of moisture fall. This morning it is cloudy and 1C. Today we are to have drizzle, snow, and a high of 1C. 

Lifestyle

I did my yoga exercises yesterday. Elliott helped me by grabbing my leg when doing one of the exercises. I didn't have any cracking until one exercise and it would crack every time I did it on one side. I wonder if it was the rolling movement having a joint crack. I did feel better after doing yoga. 

My knee and hip joint did ache with the crazy weather. I did keep heat on it as much as I could. It helped some but not a lot. It was the weather doing its thing to my poor joints. 

I cleaned up the house as I was having my friend over for dinner. I made turkey dinner for us which was delicious. We talked and laughed and enjoyed ourselves immensely. I really should do more of these dinners as I enjoyed myself. I even need to have family over once in a while for dinner. 

I did 4 loads of laundry and that still needs to be folded. The last load was just my white tablecloth which I've had for many years. It came out nice and white which thrilled me. 

Sewing

I didn't clean the room yesterday as I didn't have time. I did have time to go and play though. I looked through the Christmas fabric and found the scraps I wanted and cut out 2 mug rugs. The stitching will be done in red. 

I will do them on the embroidery machine once the room is cleaned. The bits of scraps are in the scrap tub waiting for me to make a decision on how to use them up or if they go to the quilting group. 

My friend brought me over about 100 tiny jingle bells and some red ribbon. I can use them on the crafts I am going to be making. 

I have all of my crafting materials downstairs and need to figure out how to organize it so I can do crafts bazaar items and the junk journals. I don't like working in a mess so am thinking of putting away all of the stock and bring out only what I plan on working on. I have ideas rolling in my head on how that is going to look. 

Knitting

I got 5 rounds knit on the sock last night. I am 1/3 of the way down the leg. It is coming along slowly but surely. I need to continue knitting every night so I can get them done. 

Daughter sent me some lovely yellow yarn (buttercup) to knit her a hat. I am looking forward to making it next. She really loves to wear hats in the winter. 

Thoughts

    My IBS continues to bother me. Part is stress, part is pain, and I think part is another food I love irritating my system. I will be eliminating it from my diet in the near future. 

    I have lost weight which I am happy about. I did eat a bit more from Dec. 23 to Dec 25, I have been good since then. I had thought I was down as my clothes are getting bigger and I am hungry. My glucose levels are on target which tells me I am loosing weight. 

    The roads were salted during the night and are a soupy mess. I am sure they will be out to clean them before we get more snow. I am hoping as I may have to go out this afternoon for a few minutes. I am not worried about driving in the mess but it is nicer when the roads are clear of slush. 

Today

First up will be yoga. Then I am going to start putting away the Christmas decorations. It is time to put out the winter items I have. I have to shovel the driveway so it is free of slush and safe to walk on. I also want to finish cleaning the sewing room. I want to knit tonight. A busy day for me. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment