Tuesday, December 05, 2023

And It Snowed

 Yesterday was a snowy day. We had about 4-5" of snow fall during the course of the day. The high got to 0.2C. This morning it is -2C. We are to have flurries, sunshine, clouds and wind. The high is to get to 0C. 

Lifestyle

As I slept in yesterday, I was late to the snow clearing party. In actual fact, daughter-in-law got half of it done when our friend's boys came over to help her. They were done in good time. The boys came over around noon and shovelled the driveway again. By mid afternoon, it was bare and grandson had just had to shovel the deck for me. 

My job was to make cookies. I made ginger sugar top cookies for daughter-in-law and grandson. They turned out great even if I didn't taste them. 

I have one more batch to make before Christmas. 

Now that I have tidied up the entry way, I decided to see if I could reach the glass part above the door on my new ladder. I could so I washed the frame and window down. I also did the side window. The new ladder is very stable and has 3 rungs so I can reach more items easily. 

While I was making cookies and doing a bit of cleaning, I did a load of laundry. I have to say I was busy all morning. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room making another bag. As the design stitched out, I did all the interfacing and some of the sewing. When the front of the bag was ready, I made it. I was done by 4 pm. 

The design could have been up a bit higher but I am okay with it down further. I put gifts into it and it's ready for a tag. 

I do like the ribbon down closer to the bag so there is more of the topper showing after the bag is closed. 

I started cross stitching a Christmas tree for the junk journal. I got the bow done, looked at it, and realized I was short a row. I fixed my mistake before I went to bed or it would have bugged me all night. 


The cloth is white but looks cream due to the shadow. The red floss is old but a different brand than the other floss in the container. It is harder to stitch for some reason so I had to make sure each stitch was properly seated before doing the next one. The tree will look like this when done. 

I have to see if I have smaller red beads and if not I will use hot fix stones on it. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and got about 12 rows done on the gusset. I didn't take a picture of the progress but will today. 

Thoughts

    I had a great time making cookies yesterday. The dough was perfect as I made them by hand rather than in the mixer. The mixer creams the butter too much and gets it too warm to make these cookies. One more batch next week and then I have butter tarts to make for our friends. 

    I watched a bit of a video last night about cleaning. It hit me that I struggle with cleaning as I am trying to do 3 things at once. Declutter, tidy up, and clean. The house is basically decluttered which is great. I find if I keep the house tidy, I can clean it very quickly. If I need to tidy up and clean, it takes me a lot longer. With the front entry tidied up, I only had to focus on cleaning it yesterday. I will finish it today in no time flat as I will be able to focus on cleaning only.

    I ate carefully yesterday and lost 1.1 lbs. I am now 1.8 lbs from the doctor's goal for me. I have lost a total of 56 lbs now. My joints certainly like carrying less weight around. 

Today

I need to do yoga this morning then another couple of loads of laundry. I want to clean the entry way and tidy up the next area to clean. I want to do part of the tree and knit on the socks. I need to make another gift bag also. I have 2 parcels to pick up at the community mail box this morning after I finish cleaning. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment