Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Oh What A Storm

 Yesterday was wet and windy. It poured buckets and blew hard (gusts up to 40 mph). They say we had we had 1/4" of rain but I know it was more than that here. The high got to 16.8C. This morning it is 2C. We are to have sun and a high of 3C.

Lifestyle

I had physio early yesterday morning. It was evaluation first then physio which was intense. Then came heat and the electrical current on my knee and hip joint. That was quite the session also. I was tired from it to say the least. 

Once home, I finished decorating and getting the displays the way I wanted them. The cardinals are out and I arranged them differently this year. 

The backdrop will be hung on another wall. The table that has the tree on it has the Spousal Unit's favourite ornaments on it and around it. 

I have added 3 more ornaments to the tree since then as I found them when putting out the nativity pieces. 

The new wiseman is slightly larger than the other pieces but still fits in well. 

And finally the table has its decorations which include Winnie and Eeyore. 

Other than hang up the cardinal hanging, I am done. I was tired when I finished that and rested. When I sat down, it hit me hard and I wanted to sleep. But it didn't happen. 

Just as I finished lunch, the power went out. The outage map said restore time would be 8:30 pm. I hunkered down on the couch with a blanket around my knee and hip so they wouldn't get cold. (The house stayed at 21C due to the warm weather). I listened to the wind and watched the rain come down. I got up and walked around the house and talked to Elliott who ignored me. I checked the outage map and power had been restored west of us so I knew we would have power on shortly. We had power by 3:30 pm. The crews worked hard to get the power back on and I am grateful for them going out in the storms like they do to do their work. The storm was gone by 8 pm and the quietness was welcomed. Our neighbour may have lost his Grinch he puts on the roof. I am hoping he grabbed it and put it inside. 

Sewing

No power no sewing. Simple as that. 

I did start the snowman cross stitch. I have the head done except for the eyes. I am ready to start the scarf. I need to bring up the 2 blues I am going to use. 

Knitting

I set up the second sock and knit 25 rounds. Having no power makes you productive at doing hand work. 

The second sock is always easier as I have the first one done and my book to keep me on track. 

Thoughts

    Though physio left me tired, I have less tightness in the hip/groin area. I will be seeing a massage therapist in January to help with the tightness. My next physio visit is in January and I will be starting to workout on the equipment. Strength is next on the agenda. I want to be prepared for if and when I need surgery. My next osteopathy visit is on the 18th and I am sure she will be working on the tightness and levelling up my hips. 

    I wrote down ideas in my journal for 2024. Right now it is vague as I am trying to get the ideas down. I am just doing a brain dump. One item is gift bags and I wrote to use up the fabric in the stash first. I will continue to write down my ideas so I can focus on what I want to make next year. 

    As soon as I finish making gift bags I am going to take a break from sewing and finish cleaning up the sewing room. I am not going to take part in the decluttering challenge as I have done most of it already. I am at the stage of tidy up and clean the room. I would like it done so I can start sewing again on Jan. 1. 

Today

The plan is to put away decoration box, sweep and mop floors, clean the kitchen and do laundry. I want to sew another gift bag, do cross stitching, and knit. I have to go out and get the mail as the first book for junk journaling arrived yesterday. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment