Thursday, December 28, 2023

Cleaning The Basement

 Yesterday was grey and damp with a high of 6.4C. This morning it is cloudy and 3C. We are to have more clouds and a high of 6C.

Lifestyle

I was down into the basement in good time. The goal was to get under the stairs cleaned and all the items strewn around on the family room floor put in there in some kind of order. 

I dug out what was in that hole and sorted it into keep and go piles. I swept up all the dirt that has accumulated in there. The first job was to put the 55" tv box into the back part with the other 55" tv box and extra items for the couch. It was quite the session fitting it in where I wanted it to be but after a lot of stretching on my part and moving things around it was in place. 

I started to put items back under the stairs and I was very careful on what went back under there. I am pleased with how it looks. 

I did sit down when the job was done but only for 5 minutes. I was up to finish cleaning the family room, get the garbage into the trash bag, and what needed to go to the paint depot and electronics depot into the car. The items to sell are in the garage but 2 suitcases which are still in the basement. 

After a drink of water, I was out the door to get rid of the items in the car. The paint was left outside the door of the paint depot and the electronics in the pile at the other depot. My treat to myself for that was to go to the dollar store. I enjoyed my trip there and found items to be used in craft making. 

Later in the afternoon, I took the recycling to the end of the driveway for pick up today. I had broke down more boxes to go. 

I was very happy that I had done the whole family room in one morning. I am stronger than I was this time last year. 

Sewing/Crafts

The cleaning roll was on. I spent time in the sewing room cleaning more of it up. I did the cutting table first as I wanted it to look empty and clean. I even washed it.

As I put away fabric, I realized that I have sewn up a lot of the cottons I had stashed in past years. I am pleased about that. My goal in 2024 is to continue to sew down more of what is left in the stash and see how much will be left. 

I scooted around the area I had cleaned earlier and dusted it. The floor was swept and then I got down to work in the remaining area. I started in a corner of the back wall and worked my way across the width of room. I wiped, sorted, put away, and swept. The dolls were done first and are all standing up looking sweet. 

Next up I cleaned the table the embroidery machine is on. I spent a lot of time in that area as it had been ignored for longer than it should have been. I even got down on my hands and knees and washed the floor under the table. It is now ready for me to use Jan. 1.

I was tired when I was done this area but happy that I got more done than expected.  I have the main sewing area to clean, wash the floor and I'm done. 

My trip to the dollar store was fun. I found items for crafting with this year. I have a couple of more items I need to buy and I can start having fun. 

I did play with the junk journal and after some research I am going to use paper from a sketch book. I looked at the dollar store but their biggest was too small. I can get them at the craft store. I have the paper to cover parts of the white pages and am going to have fun with it. 

I have decided to start making inventory for one craft bazaar in 2024. It is a smaller local one which runs for 4-5 hours in mid November. It is going to be smaller fun items. I am on the hunt for items at the dollar store and will get some from Amazon if I can't find them locally. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night. I was tired and went to bed earlier than normal. I hope to resume tonight. 

Thoughts

    I am getting stronger all the time and able to do more for longer periods of time. It has really helped me mentally as I am not struggling to do just part of a room before I have to stop. I feel like I am having a better quality of life. 

    I am feeling better about the fabric stash this year. The amount has decreased and I know some piles will be gone by the end of the year. I am being very focused on using it up buying only what I need to complete a project. 

    I decided to do a craft bazaar this year to help use up all the supplies I have bought. The list of ideas is growing and I will have to choose what I want to make and what I will leave out. I will have to buy some items for these projects but won't get them until late summer so food items will be fresh. My big items will be bought in January so I can get the paper parts cut out and folded. 

Today

I am heading out to shop in the morning and will do what I can for cleaning upstairs in the afternoon. This evening I want to knit. 

Until the next time.....................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment