Sunday, December 03, 2023

A Gift Bag Is Completed

Yesterday was one of showers. The high got to 4.8C. This morning it is cloudy and 2C. We are to have it cloudy and 3C today. We are under a special weather statement saying it wills start to snow tonight and all day tomorrow. I guess I get to use the shovel tomorrow.

Lifestyle

I had an early lunch and headed out to watch grandson play soccer with family. I really enjoyed the afternoon out watching the game. The teams were well matched but the reffing wasn't that good. Grandson's team lost 1-0 and it would have been 0-0 if the ball hadn't bounced into the goal. It was a freak goal to say the least. 

We were home in fairly good time and I went grocery shopping. I met my friend as I was leaving the store and she was worried about me. My curtains were closed and she hadn't seen me for a couple of days. I'll go for tea one day soon. 

I had a great day walking without a lot of pain. I made myself walk up and down the driveway while waiting for family to arrive and again in the parking lot while waiting for them to come out with grandson. I had no pain sitting in the back seat but used a cushion on the hard seat while watching the game. I couldn't stand for long on the cement floor as it made my legs tired. I did the stairs easily. Going up is great, coming down is a bit harder but I can do it. Improvement noted. 

Sewing

I spent the morning sewing up the gift bag. It took a bit longer than expected as I had to sew two rows of stitching for a ribbon channel. I am really pleased with how it turned out. 

I have already put the gifts into it and just need to do a tag for it. 

I have a narrower one to make with a different design and will make the next ones with a 5" topper and put the ribbon channel down lower. I like lots of ruffle at the top. 

I had a bit of time to do some paper crafting while waiting for family to pick me up. I made a tag for the junk journal. I had bought a tiny gift bag and cut it apart. The front became a tag.

The back has a crease and a glued on piece but I will find a use for it. It may be a gift tag as it has to and from on it. 

While at the soccer game we had tea. I saved the cardboard sleeve on mine and it will become a tuck in the book for the above tag. I will add some snowflakes to it. 

I am having fun with this. 

Knitting

I looked at the heel flap and saw a mistake at the start of one row. It wasn't a slip stitch. I unknit it and it was a slip stitch but I had put the yarn to the front of the stitch and not the back. I knit until I had the flap done. I'm ready to turn the heel. 

I am pleased with it so far and am loving the colours. I also love how the stripes go up on a diagonal on the leg rather than across. 

Thoughts

    I am thrilled that I had little to no pain yesterday. Riding in the back seat of the car showed me how much I have improved since I started osteopathy and physio. It was a milestone I needed to have to remind myself I am getting better. 

    I am having fun making fabric gift bags. It has me digging into the stash to find pieces to use for the lining. I love to add embroidery to some of them and will leave others plain as they are nice prints. I may be able to buy some pieces of Christmas fabric when it comes on sale so I can make more bags during the year. 

    I am also having fun planning the junk journal. Knowing it has 3 signatures (3 parts) means I have to make a lot of ephemera for it. I have done the first of three counted cross stitch tags. The other two will be a nice Christmas tree and a snowman. The tag made from the gift bag is one of three smaller tags I will make. The tuck band made out of a coffee cup sleeve will be one of 3 I make. I have ideas for one more but not the third one. Some items I will be making using the Cricut, others I will cut by hand. 

Today

I need to do yoga this morning and then do the balance sheet and pay bills. I am out the door at 11 am with daughter-in-law and grandson. Grandson goes to soccer practice and we are going to a craft bazaar. I am not sure what I will do when I get home. It depends on how tired I am. I start the chart for the snowman so I can cross stitch him. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment