Friday, December 15, 2023

Physical Fitness Improved

 The snow that fell yesterday morning stopped about 11 am and the rest of the day was sunny. The high got to -2.6C. This morning it is -3C though it was -5C at 9 pm. Today we are to have a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I got yoga done though I was sorer in my joints thanks to the weather. I keep at it hoping that I will get/keep everything stretched and not have the joint stiffness I am experiencing. It is improving but I feel like I haven't improved with the stiffness. 

I made sure I had everything in order for going to the Wellness Center and puttered around a bit. Before leaving, I scraped the light fluffy snow off the driveway. I went up and down many times and it felt good doing an outdoor activity. 

My visit to the Wellness Center was awesome. I have improved in my physical fitness and am within my age range. I didn't do the 6 minute walk as we worked on my gait. We had a long discussion on how my improvements then talked about barriers in meeting my goals. The facilitator's worry is me shovelling the driveway this winter. I assured her I have help. I see her in 3 months. 

I took grandson to school so he could work out with a friend. When I got home, my friend stopped in to see how I was doing as I hadn't responded to her texts. I grabbed my coat and we walked the dog. Another bout of exercise. After I took grandson home from school, I walked over to my friend's house to have dinner with her. I was home by 7 pm as I had to start fasting for bloodwork. We did walk the dog before I came home. 

Sewing

I had a bit of time to sew after lunch. I cut out the lining for the bag and fused the interfacing on it. I also cut out the handles and sewed them. I brought the embroidered bag upstairs and hand washed the chalk mark out of it. It hung to dry overnight and is ready for interfacing and then I can sew the bag together. At the moment, this is the last bag to be made until after I make some items on the Cricut. I will make another bag if I have time. 

I did work on the snow man and have got some of the body done. It is coming along with hopes of having it done before Christmas. 

Knitting

I knit on the sock last night and finished the heel flap, turned the heel, and picked up the stitches for the gusset. A lot of knitting which made me happy. 

It is hard to photograph the sock at this stage. It looks like something with its mouth wide open. 

Today

I am out in less than an hour to have blood work. Home to have breakfast and do a few things. This afternoon daughter-in-law and I are out to the gift shop in Brooklyn. If time I will interface the bag and pin it ready to sew. I will knit tonight as I need to get these socks done for Christmas. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment