Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Cleaning Up Christmas Has Started

Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 8.2C. This morning it is cloudy and 5C. We are to have mainly cloudy weather with some drizzle. The high is to remain at 5C all day. 

Lifestyle

I really wanted to sleep yesterday as I was so tired. I literally forced myself to do what I had to do which was a lot. Yoga did not make it onto the list as I was too tired and quite sore in the hip joint. 

I put away all the wonderful Christmas gifts I received for Christmas. I was truly a lucky person again this year. Next up was the boxes and wrapping paper. I pressed tissue paper, folded it and put it into the gift bag tub. I kept only 3 pieces of gift paper for the junk journal. The rest was put either into recycle or the garbage. Boxes were dealt with and I have 2 left to break down for recycle. They need to be done today as I have to put recycle out late this afternoon. 

All items I had hauled over to family's for Christmas were put away. I was done around 11:30 am when I went over to family's to help find the Christmas stocking I had put away safely. They were in a gift bag which was in the wrapping paper container. I brought home the placemats I had left there. 

After lunch I was outside taking down the Christmas lights and they are now in their box. I am rethinking how I will use them next year as I am not putting them around the door. I may even buy a new wreath to put on the door and call it done.

After getting everything done, I sat on the couch and had a good nap. I was tired from not sleeping well, having both my hip and IBS flare up, and worrying about getting everything done. I woke up feeling better though still tired. 

I allowed myself to have treats for 3 days. I didn't eat a lot of sweets as I don't like them. I did not gain weight but I did not loose weight. I start today tracking what I eat and being very careful with portion control. 

Sewing

I didn't do anything in the sewing room yesterday. It wasn't on the to-do list but is today. 

In one of the boxes, daughter sent me a bit of fabric for the Charlie Brown junk journal. It is perfect for the spine and I will put gold rick rack down the raw edges. 

I did fool around with one idea for the journal and will continue to figure it out. I have everything I need for it which is wonderful. 

I also did 2 rows of counted cross stitch on the snowman. I was tired and quit after the 2nd row. 

Knitting

No knitting on the socks yesterday. I did tip the bag it was in on the floor and now need to find the pen that rolled under the couch. 

I love the yarn I got for Christmas. I am going to add two balls to each of the sock yarn to knit socks. 

The other yarn is for a vest for me. 

I am thinking this pattern and adding to the design so the body is longer. 

It is in my size already and will challenge me as the pattern is advanced. I will take my time as I really want to knit it. I have ever since it was published several years ago. 

Today

After I do yoga, I am heading downstairs to start cleaning under the stairs. I am hoping to get it done by noon. After lunch I want to clean in the sewing room for an hour and then I may go out. Not sure. I do want to cross stitch and knit today. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment