Sunday, December 10, 2023

Found - A Wonderful Gift Shop

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 4.6C. This morning it is -2C. We are to have showers with a high of 9C today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I had to push myself to do things. I was tired from being up during the night with IBS. I didn't do yoga as I knew I would be on the floor a lot cleaning. I started in the living room with tidying up and then set about cleaning. Dusting furniture and wiping window ledges and trim were done first. Then the floor was swept and last I washed it on my hands and knees. I moved furniture so I could do a really good job. The floor wasn't dirty but it did need doing. I finished up just with enough time to do a bit of decorating before lunch. 

I can now bring up the decorations and finish decorating the dining and living areas. I will do some cleaning and then decorate so I can have fun mixed in with work. 

My friend invited me to go with her to a little gift shop/greenhouse in Brooklyn (20 minute drive from here). It is the cutest shop ever and the owner is delightful. We browsed for almost an hour admiring all the Christmas items she had for sale. I fell in love with this tree. It so reminded me of Christmases past. 

I couldn't get a full picture as it was crammed packed in the shop. The tree area had 5 or 6 big trees decorated in it. There were 6 people in the shop making it full. But we all had fun talking about the goods. We knew no one but people were so friendly. 

I picked up some of the birch bark ribbon that is on the tree and 2 ornaments. Christmas shopping 2024 has begun. I also bought a garland of bells that I have hung on my front door. Love them and may get another for a gift. I will be going back to get more ribbon next year and I may buy some of my plants for the garden from her. 

Once home we had tea and a chat. I was home in good time as I wanted to cook a nice dinner for myself. I was also tired and needed to be alone to decompress from a happy outing. 

Sewing

As I was out, I didn't sew but I did come home with some Christmas fabric from my friend. I can use it for making gift bags. 

I did finish the cross stitch tree. I am pleased with how it turned out. 

I need to put interfacing on the back and it will be ready for the journal. Next up is the snowman. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was so tired I was falling asleep on the couch. 

Thoughts

    I enjoyed my outing to the local shop a lot. I know I will be back to get more items from her and I may go on my own for one more gift. The weather was perfect for a Sunday drive and we laughed a lot which was great. 

    I have enjoyed cross stitching little items this month. I am thinking of doing more as I enjoy working on them for 20 minutes after I eat lunch. My next lot will be vegetables for daughter's junk journal. 

    My IBS is getting better. I ate no onions yesterday. As I was tired, I didn't drink a lot which is not good. My glucose reading was high at dinner time and I had not eaten since noon. I had drank minimal amounts all day and dehydration causes my readings to be high. 

Today

I am heading out to get a few things for crafting this morning after I do yoga. I hope to sew this afternoon and I may do a bit of decorating before dinner. I want to knit tonight with hopes of finishing sock #1. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment