Friday, December 08, 2023

Progress On All Fronts

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of -2.2C. The windchill was about -6C. This morning it is clear and -5C with a windchill of -12C. We are to have a few flurries, clouds and sun with a high of 0C and a windchill due to the wind we are getting. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga first thing and there was quite a bit of cracking while doing some of the exercises. Those cracks felt good. My hip did hurt during the day. Not sure if it was weather related or if it was slightly out of alignment in the socket. It was annoying to have it hurt. 

I did a bit of tidying up before cleaning the dining area. I dusted, wiped, polished, and even cleaned the inside of the windows. All the furniture was moved and the baseboards were washed and the floor done on my hands and knees. It wasn't as dirty as I had thought it would be. I cleaned the heat pump head and the filters were quite clean. I am beating the war on dust/fluff in this house. 

I did a bit of decorating for Christmas. I put the quilted runners on the table, server, and end table. I also arranged the cardinals amongst a hydrangea in a vase. 

Once I was done the dining area, I headed out to get groceries. I was home just after noon and ate lunch late. I got comfortable on the couch and fell asleep. I napped for about 40 minutes. I didn't realize how tired I was from cleaning the dining area and having low blood sugar all morning. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room at 2:30 and in 2 hours had almost finished a gift bag. Less than an hour and it will be done. 

This one will have yellow ribbon for the drawstring to match the bells on the reindeer. 

I dug out all of the Christmas fabric from the stash. I may get a lot of it sewn into gift bags this month. I have set aside some for next year but it isn't a lot. 

I can make at least 4 bags from these two fabrics. One or 2 will have embroidery on them. I will need to buy red ribbon for them. 

These will be bags for daughter. Most will have something embroidered on them. I have the fabric I bought the other day and I may have some pieces left over from this year. It won't be a lot and it will be gone next year. 

What amazed me was how little interfacing I have left. I need to buy more as I am getting short of some weights. In other words, I am almost out of some weights as I sorted through the pile and tossed the useless bits. 

I did a bit of cross stitch on the Christmas tree. The last row is only half done as I ran out of floss and didn't want to thread my needle again. 

Knitting

I did knit on the socks last night and am almost done the foot. I think I have 12-15 rounds left to go before I start the toe. 

The leg looks skinny as it is ribbed. They will stay up nicely on her legs and the yarn screamed plain to show case the colours. 

Thoughts

    I am amazed at how much stash I have used up this year. I did donate a lot but I've sewn more than I expected I would. I have bought fabric for projects. Some has been sewn up already and other pieces are waiting for me to make when the weather is nasty in February and March. It is making me want to continue sewing up the stash next year. I do know I will be buying fabric to finish projects that is using pieces from the stash. I am at that point right now of having what I call "orphans". 

     I am pushing myself to keep the house tidier. I am forcing myself to put away items after I use them. Hanging up my coat is one of them. I need to put the basket of reusable grocery bags back into the car today. I am doing a lot of talking to myself to do this so that cleaning will be easier to do. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet, pick up items so I can start cleaning the living room area. I have to pick up grandson at 11 am. I want to sew this afternoon and do counted cross stitch during the day and knit tonight. It will be another busy day in this house. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment