Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A Wonderful Christmas

 Yesterday was cloudy but we had not rain or wind. The high got to 7.4C. This morning it is clear and 0C. The full moon was shining when I looked out the window. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 9C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I opened gifts from daughter after eating breakfast. I got some wonderful things from her. I took the two containers of mustard over to have for lunch. The other items I left on the counter so I could look at them later. 

I was out the door to family's just before 9:30 am. All was quiet so daughter-in-law and I talked and knit. We started to open gifts after 11 am. Daughter and son-in-law were opening gifts at the same time on the other side of Canada. I got some wonderful gifts which included yarn to knit another vest for myself. We had a lot of laughs and admired the wonderful gifts we got. 

Lunch was delicious smoked meat that family had done. We had the mustard on them. The apple smoked bacon mustard was lovely with the meat. The dill mustard tasted like having dill pickles without the crunch. It was dig in the fridge and get what you wanted for chips, veggies, etc. 

After lunch we talked for a bit and I had a nap while family was busy. Grandson and son set up grandson's new computer stuff and daughter-in-law talked to her family. I knit while daughter-in-law had a nap and son set up his new toy to his computer. Grandson worked on a model. All was good.

Friends arrived around 5 pm and dinner was cooked and eaten. A lovely meal that was perfect - ham, potatoes, carrots we grew, and broccoli casserole. After dinner was cleaned up we had Christmas with our friends. It was a lot of fun once again. I got home about 9:30 pm. Elliott greeted me wanting his treats and we were in bed by 10 pm. 

Sewing

I didn't sew but I got fabric. Daughter bought me this line in the greys and I love it. 

I am thinking about what I can use with it. I have an idea it may be a quilt. 

I wore the shirt I made. It fits really good so I will be making that pattern again. I now have one pattern I know will fit. 

Knitting

I knit a lot yesterday. The first sock has the leg done and the second sock has been cast on and 5 rounds knit on it. 

I have done a bit of an adjustment to daughter-in-law's sock pattern in hopes they won't be too big when I knit her next socks. 

The vest I made myself fits to perfection and I wore it. I love it as it is warm and soft. The yarn I got is  a lovely blue colour which I love. 

Thoughts

    We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Day. We are talking about what we will do next year to keep it simple. There was lots of good food and many good laughs. It is the time with friends and family that make those 2 days special. 

    I have all but one of the fabric gift bags back home and they will go into a tub. I will add to them this year and we will be using them again. They were a hit and the custom ones were really enjoyed. I need to think about some fun ones for next year.

    I also need to start early thinking about Christmas gifts to make. I also need to think about the fun ones to buy. I am churning ideas in my head already. 

Today

I have to put a lot of presents away this morning. I will need a nap this afternoon and we will see what gets done downstairs. If I am able to I would like to haul everything out from under the stairs and start sorting and cleaning to put it all back. I would like to do one insert in the junk journal. I finally found one idea I love.  I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment