Friday, December 01, 2023

A Day Out And About

Yesterday was beautiful and sunny with a few snow flakes coming now and again. The high got to 3.9C. This morning it is 5C. Today is going to be mainly cloudy with a high of 9C.

Lifestyle

I did get a short version of yoga done yesterday morning as my plans changed in a blink of an eye. Daughter-in-law invited me to go to the city with her so off I went. We did Costco (meat for me), Walmart, and the Lindt chocolate store. Though I don't like the taste of sweet foods, I really enjoyed looking around the store. I did buy chocolates for a gift. 

After lunch we went to the dollar store in Sackville. It is our favourite and we wandered looking at all the Christmas items. From there we went to daughter-in-law's appointment. We got home around 2:30 pm. I had such a great day out.

After getting the meat into the fridge, I sat with the heat on my hip. It was bothering me some. I fell asleep and napped for over half an hour. 

Sewing

I didn't get into the sewing room yesterday as hoped. I had that necessary nap my body wanted. 

I did do more on the counted cross stitch tree. The branches are done and I am working on the container. Hopefully it will be done today and I can play with it while the machine is embroidering this afternoon. 

Knitting

I did knit last night. I then unknit as there was a large stitch. I hadn't knit the stitch. Fixed it and knit another round. I am ready to do the last 8 rows before I start on the heel flap. 

Thoughts

    I think my soreness is coming from the weather. I have done nothing that would cause pain. I didn't take any Tylenol yesterday and worked my way through it. What is annoying is that I am standing with the sore leg in what we call the pain position. I hope the pain gets back to being less annoying so I can do more things. 

    I am now in the process of starting to plan the first junk journal. It is mainly the empty pages I am going to put in. I do know that I want to make two acetate windows. One will have a card to remove and show something and the other will be a removable shaker window. That will be put into a corner tuck (junk journal term). I need to make a run to the used book store and the craft store to get a book or 2 and some glue. 

Today

I have to put the meat into small bags and freeze it after I do yoga. I also have to replace one string of lights on the front door. I want to sweep floors upstairs and do a bit in the family room. Then it is sewing the gift bags, cross stitch, and knitting. I will take pictures today. A day at home. 

Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment