Saturday, December 02, 2023

Cross Stitch Tree Completed

 Yesterday was warm. We had sun and clouds with a high of 11.5C. This morning it is showering and 6C. We are to have showers most of the day with a high of 8C.

Lifestyle

I mixed up my morning yesterday. First thing daughter-in-law arrived to fix the Christmas lights around the front door. We thought the timer/sensor was ruined but those lights came on at the right time last night. Hurrah. I can now haul the bin downstairs. 

Next up was to repackage the meat and put it into the freezer. I was going to do small packages for 1 meal but didn't. I decided that I will make meals to freeze. I have enjoyed the frozen meals I have made and am looking forward to making the next big batch. 

Once I cleaned up the kitchen I did yoga. I was able to do all the exercises as Elliott was asleep under a blanket on my bed. I cracked a lot but the hurting was less yesterday. I am struggling, once again, with my gait. I am relearning how to walk properly every time things adjust into the correct spot. It can be sore but it is very annoying. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room stitching out the design onto the bag I wanted to make. 

While the design was stitching out, I fused interfacing on to the fabric pieces and cut out the lining. The lining had interfacing fused on to it. Then I started to sew the pieces on the table together. By the time I had that done, the design was finished and I sewed the top onto it. 

The bag is now ready to sew together and finish. I am pleased with it and have to do the smaller sized design on a bag that is 8.5" wide by the same height and in the same fabric. 

I finished the little cross stitch tree and fused light weight interfacing onto the back. I sewed the buttons on to the front while supper cooked. 

I am going to glue it onto a tag so it can go into a corner pocket of the junk journal. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the leg of the first sock and have half of the heel flap done. Progress is being made but this will slow down after I turn the heel. There is still a lot of knitting to do on this sock. Repeat for sock #2.

Today

I have to sew up the bag this morning and then be ready to go at noon to watch grandson play soccer. I want to knit tonight. A day away which I will enjoy. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment