Saturday, December 09, 2023

Nearing the End Of Projects

 Yesterday was another bright and sunny day that had a cold breeze. The high got to 1.1C. This morning it is clear and -5C. We are to have more sunshine today with a high of 3C. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday morning and had the cracks which helped put everything in place. I am able to do all the exercises and think I missed something as I wasn't tired when done. That is an improvement from 2-3 weeks ago. 

Once done yoga I did the balance sheet. I had my issues but this time it was me not the calculator. I fixed it relatively fast and got everything to balance and bills paid. Put away for another 10 days. 

I hurried around and got Elliott's litter box cleaned and the floor swept in the spare bedroom. I took the recycling out to their respective bins and folded the laundry. I had 15 minutes to spare before leaving to pick up grandson at school and take him home. I love my time with grandson as we talk about everything. He is writing exams for the next several days and studying hard. He writes one this morning. 

Later in the afternoon I did a bit more tidying and cleaned up the kitchen ready for today. It takes a few minutes to do the jobs and it is making the house stay cleaner. New habits are being learned. 

Sewing

I spent a short amount of time in the sewing room and finished the gift bag. It didn't take long to finish. 


I took it upstairs and put the gifts into it. 

I have enough of the reindeer fabric left over from this one to make a narrower one. Problem -- I didn't have enough interfacing. 

I headed out to the quilt shop to buy interfacing and have a peek at the fabrics. I got what I needed - interfacing, some cute holly buttons, and a sharpener for my chalk. I didn't see the fabric I wanted and nothing else was talking to me so I called it a day and came home. 

I did a quick inventory on how many bags I need to make and I am getting closer to being done. The next bag will be the narrow reindeer one and then a smaller one using fat quarters that I bought prior to 2010. 

I worked hard on the counted cross stitch and am now doing the back stitch around the tree so I can fray it. I added red and clear beads as garland on the tree which I quite like. 

I have the snowman left to cross stitch and then I will be crocheting small snowflakes. I am enjoying making little things for the junk journal. The book will be delivered in the next few days as it is now in Halifax. 

Knitting

The first sock is ready to start the toe. It will be done by tomorrow night and then I can start the second sock. 

I am enjoying these socks as the yarn is lovely to work with. 

Thoughts

    I may have figured out what is causing my IBS to be flared up -- onions. I love them and have been eating more of them lately. I will have to remove them from my diet for a while to make sure they are the culprit. Not happy as they add so much flavour to the foods I eat. 

    I have watched so many videos on making junk journals I had to stop. So many different ideas on doing the cover part that my head was spinning. Add in how to do the inserts, I wondered if I was doing the right thing starting this project. I have stopped looking at them until I get the book and evaluate it so I can make a decision. I remind myself this is not a journal but a keepsake for the couple. 

    Next week is busy for me. I have physio, wellness center, and blood work. I need to focus on getting things done on the days I am out rather than just rest. Even if I sew, knit, cross stitch and do some basic housework, I will be ahead of the game. Even just decorating will be great. 

Today

I am going to start tidying up the living room area and get some of it cleaned. I need to launder the blankets and put out the red ones for Christmas. I need to make another gift bag, work on the counted cross stitch and knit on the sock. I want to have tea with my friend. I am tired today from being up during the night with my IBS so I know I will be forcing myself to do things. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment