Monday, July 03, 2023

Working On Limiting The Stash

 Yesterday was wet but not like in the city. The high got to 25.9C (humidex 33C) and there was a bit of moisture. It is 20C (humidex 27C) this morning and it did rain during the night. We are to have rain, rain, and more rain today with a high of 22C (humidex 29C). 

Lifestyle

I did the balance sheet with enough frustrations that I started again. I was out many different amounts and not one was divisible by 9 (reversed numbers). When I did it again, it balanced every step of the way and I was done in no time flat. The bills are paid and I'm free of the frustrations of the balance sheet for another week. 

I spent some time out in the muggy garage cleaning a storage bin. I was going to use it for blankets but now it is going to be storage for the fabric stash. It took about an hour to clean up as I wanted all the dust and grime gone from areas that were hard to reach. I got creative in the end and got it finished. 


I have to sew down the stash so I can put batting, interfacings, and fabrics in this set of drawers. I have had this unit for a long time and used it for fabrics until we moved to Kamloops and here. It then became the unit to hold the trays and wood pucks in for the smoker. I no longer have the smoker and everything is gone to new homes. 

I took a picture of the Emerald and Gold Winter Creeper at the front of the house. Not too bad a job of pruning it back and giving it some shape. 

I wasn't the official pruner so am learning as I go. This shrub has grown a lot in the past 5 years and needs to be trimmed quite a bit. I have a lily to move in the fall as it is being hidden by the shrub. 

I went with family to watch grandson's team play soccer yesterday afternoon. It rained on the way in and the fog rolled in. We sat on the bleachers and had our umbrellas up when it rained. It was muggy but we survived. The team played well and won 3-2. They have played the other team before and had to work hard to win. Grandson played really well thinking out his moves. We were proud of him yesterday. 

After the game we went for dinner. I had a pasta dish and it was delicious. I was stuffed. This morning I got weighed and I am down 3.5 lbs in the past week. My glucose is running average which is good. My IBS is getting better. I am still sore in my back/hips due to something being pinched. I am waiting until fall and will go back to physio for some more treatments. I'm waiting to see if loosing more weight will help. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was out. But I am making little plans to keep me busy on the days I can sew. One is to finish the winter fabric projects. Then I can focus on making 2 more placemats at Gather and Sew and start my shirt at home. Then it will be the cardinal quilt.

I am going to take the storage bin down to the sewing room and start putting the interfacings and battings into the bottom drawer. This means I will have to sort and figure out how to use up the excess batting. I will be looking at that carefully as I have decided to use only one type of batting in the future. The interfacings will be looked at also though I do like to keep 3 types on hand for both garment and craft sewing. How much I have on hand is limited to that one drawer.

I am now focusing on the sewing down the stash once again unless it is to finish a project. Both quilt shops are having sales so I need to stay strong and not buying fabric. 

Knitting

None done last night. I went to bed early as I was exhausted from not sleeping well and over heating yesterday when I had to wear a rain coat. 

Today

I am doing laundry and some housework this morning. I want to get downstairs to trim block #10 and start block #11. I want to sew the binding on placemat #3. If I am not too tired, I will try to knit tonight. The humidity is making me tired. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment