Wednesday, July 12, 2023

A Day Out Sewing

 Yesterday was cooler with a high of 23.7C (humidex 32C). About 1/4" rain fell at home which was nice for the plants and lawn. This morning it is 17C and cloudy. We are to have some showers and a high of 26C (humidex 33C). We are heading back into hot humid weather again. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door yesterday to go to Gather and Stitch. Three ladies from Halifax came for the day and it was delightful. We had a lot of fun chatting and laughing. The classroom was hot as the a/c was not working. The shop is having problems getting the landlord to fix it. This is making it hard for them to keep people coming back for classes. The main part of the store is cool and lovely to be in. 

When I arrived, I was told one of the employees was sick with Covid. I checked to see when I was last in the store as he cut my fabric; 4 days before he tested positive and I was wearing a mask. I was cautious and did not go to close to any of the employees yesterday. The rest of the staff are testing and so far no one else has tested positive. I will monitor myself over the next week, testing if necessary. I could not wear a mask all day due to the room being too warm. 

When the four of us set up our sewing machines, there were 3 Singer Featherweights. Mine was the oldest and the lady beside me had a celery coloured one. The third lady had the most gadgets added to hers which was fun to look at. 

I worked on piecing the two placemats and then made 2 potholders. I did the diagonal stitching of fabric to batting on the 4 bowl cozies before I stopped for the day. The other ladies were also quilting and one lady finished her quilt. She has a lot of quilting to do on it but it is going to be gorgeous.  It is a simple design and the quilting is going to be the star of the show. 

I did buy fabric. I got the fabric for daughter's bag which I will be working on in 2 weeks. I also got 1.3 meters of the blue which I will use up in future projects. It is a shade I particularly like and can use in the house for winter items. 

I got home just before 5 pm and bought a wrap for my dinner and donut holes for the boys. I had a quiet evening as I was tired. Elliott was cuddly as I was gone all day. 

I have been up since 5:30 a.m. when the chickens started to come over to my yard. They stopped in the next door neighbour's yard and huddled in her flower bed. They have gone home as they want to be fed.  

Today

I am out first thing this morning to pay off my mortgage. Then I will be home to do a few things and sew. I have to take out recycling this afternoon. I may also have to have a nap which I have been trying to avoid. I am very tired and I think it is a combination of the glucose low, heat, and humidity. I dumped a full bucket of water out of the dehumidifier yesterday and this morning. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment