Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Cardinal Embroidery Completed

 Yesterday was a showery day with the sunshine coming out in the late afternoon. The high got to 24.5C with a humidex of 32C. This morning it was foggy and 18C. We are to have showers and a high of 26C (humidex of 32C). 

Lifestyle

I headed out to return the dishes and get a new set. The person who waited on me was very nice and helpful. The box is still in the car. I will get it in this afternoon. 

I got a few things done at home and was out to visit my neighbour after 4 pm. We had a good talk and she let me know one of her friends who lives close by had a stroke the other day. It certainly made us both think about our health. 

I let Elliott out on the deck last evening. He was so happy to be out there. His first time out in quite a few days. He ate some of his grass and snooped around a bit before going back inside. I stood on the deck and enjoyed looking at the vegetables. They are growing rapidly. So is the lawn. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon sewing. I trimmed the threads on block #11 and got block #12 stitched out. I am done that job. While the block was stitching out, I sewed down the binding on the 3rd placemat. One more to do and that lot is done. Pictures tomorrow. 

I cut out a bag using some of the plank and horse fabric that was residing in the stash. I still need to cut out the lining. I will put on fusible fleece and bag it so I can work on it later this month. I need to cross hatch the bag before sewing it up. My goal is to have 2 ready to sew at Gather and Stitch nearer the end of the month. 

I went through the shirting fabric and put aside enough for 4 shirts. The rest needs to go to the thrift shop. They aren't my taste though I know someone will buy them for men's shirts. 

I took a picture of the interfacing and batting drawer. It is full.

Here is what can't fit into the drawer. 

Plus there is fusible fleece in a bag for daughter's pet stockings, batting for a quilt I need to take to the long arm, and a few small pieces on a shelf. In my mind, I have been silly to gather so much of this stuff that I could go and buy as I needed it. Part of it is hoarding and part of it is from having lived so far away from fabric/quilting stores and having to to stock up for a couple of months sewing. I need to stop and think before I buy. I am actively working on this. 

I was into the quilt shop where I go to sew. I bought a piece of fabric and batting to finish the projects I'm working on. I had to buy a different batting as they ran out of what I wanted. I looked at a couple of pieces of fabric but didn't buy any. I did register to sew next Tuesday at the shop. 

At the other quilt shop, I got tracing pellon and buttons. They have some of the previous owner's fabric set up. I saw nothing I liked in the bolts that can be cut. In the full bolts I found one I would have bought a bit for pillows. But I wasn't going to buy the full bolt. I didn't need 13 meters of moose fabric. 

While looking at projects on a website, I found this fabric. I am going to buy 4 meters of it for the backing on the sheep quilt. Daughter will pick it up and ship it to me. 

The only reason I am going to spend a huge amount of money on this fabric is that the quilt is for me. The remaining fabrics will be bought locally. 

Knitting

I have to find buttons for the doll's sweater. The ones I bought for it years ago are too big. I did bring up the needles I needed for the leggings and have started them. I got 11 rows knit on them last night. 

Today

I am going to fold clothes, clean up the kitchen, wash the floor, and change a light bulb in the hall if I can find my little ladder. This afternoon I will hand sew the binding down on the last placemat. I need to launder some fabric in preparation for the next projects. In other words, I am working on cleaning up the cutting table. When I finish the doll's outfit I can start something new. Hopefully I will get a bit of time to trace the pattern today. I am also out to family's for smoked ribs tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment