Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Binding Sewn On

 Yesterday was another sunny warm day with a shower at 5 pm. The high got to 29.1C (humidex 36). We broke no records as the record was 33C on the same day last year. This morning it is clear and 17C. Today we are to have a high of 29 (humidex 37) with a risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

I was busy yesterday. I started out finishing up the living area. I washed the blankets, took cat hair off of the couch, vacuumed couch, and washed the floor once again. It looks great. I need a small basket to put my knitting into. I will get something at the dollar store. 

I moved into the dining area. The table was cleaned and wiped down. The windows were washed and the floor swept and mopped 2-3 times. I did dust and wipe the dust off pictures. I did more laundry while cleaning the dining area.

I ended the morning with tidying up the kitchen. The old dishes are now packed up ready for the thrift shop. Items were put away and garbage and recycling taken out. The floor was swept. I did clean more while I was making dinner and, though not done, it is much cleaner and tidier than it was. I will have to say I was tired when I was done at noon. 

The mowers were here and the lawn is looking great. I watered all the flowers, picked beans for dinner, weeded half the leeks, and watered the garden. As the garden was being watered, we had a lovely shower to help. 

The beans are now picked and we will have to wait a bit before we can pick more. The garden is starting to grow rapidly now and I am amazed at how big the plants are. 

Sewing

I worked on the sewing the binding together and putting it onto the placemats. I got it done with just under 11" of binding left. It is in the trash.

I am now ready to hand sew the binding down into place. I am thinking of taking an afternoon to do the job before I do the mug rugs. 

My next jobs are to:

    Press starched left over fabric that I used to embroider the cardinals on and cut out the squares.    

    Starch fabrics and hang them outside to dry.

    Prep bags to sew. 

    Make piping for bags plus a piece for daughter.

I am not outside much with the hot weather so I am going to sew as many afternoons as possible. If not sew, prep and use up the stash. 

Knitting

I did knit last night. I knit an extra 8 rows for the body and then started on the left leg. I got 3 rows done on it before my hand cramped up. Progress was made. 

Thoughts

    Three of the 4 missing bodies have been found. The unidentified body was one of the children. The other was found yesterday. The province is in mourning over the loss. My heart goes out to the two families. 

    I pushed myself yesterday with housework to see how much I could do in 3 hours. A lot. I do have to rest but not as long as I use to. My hip is not bothering me much as it was allowing me to do more. My mess resulted from a funk this month. I did get through it and am on the other side and in much better spirits. 

    I have hit a plateau in my weight. I am up and down 1 lb and, though annoying, I am coping with it. I knew it would happen and happen it has. I'm trying not to change my eating habits as this too will pass. I don't like to cook in the hot weather which is a down fall as I go buy something to eat. I am going to try and stop that habit as it isn't a good one. I do choose as healthy as I can but home cooked is better for me. 

Today

I am going to head out early to pull the pea plants so I can pick the pods off inside. I will keep enough for dinner tonight to go with ham and potato scallop. The rest go to family. I am not sure if family will be over to help with the shale in the ditch and if they are, I will help as much as I can. I need to do one more load of laundry. I hope to hand stitch on the placemats but it may not happen if we are working outside. I may knit tonight if I'm not too tired. 

Until the next time.......................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment