Tuesday, July 18, 2023

More Learned and More Done

 Though yesterday was a mix of clouds and sun and a few short showers, the high got to 27.9C (humidex 37C). This morning it is a bit cloudy and 22C (humidex 30C). We are to have sun and clouds with a high of 30C (humidex 38C). There is to be showers tonight. 

Lifestyle

I had a busy day. I started out sanding the pieces of the little table. I then went out to get wood filler, polycrylic, sanding blocks, and business cards for a painter. I got it all but the business cards. Once home I spent a bit of time wiping the pieces and looking for drips. At that point I went on a search to find the mouse sander, a mudding spatula, and what ever else a tub in the basement had hiding in it. I found a paint brush and some painting sponges that I can use in it.

I got the sander out and looked at it. In the carrying case was the sand paper and some pieces that attach to the sander. Those pieces intrigued me. 

One is flat, one rounded and one pointed. The pointed one I put a small piece of sandpaper on and played with it on the edges and groves of the wood. It took all the drips off and left a nice finish. I finished sanding the wood, wiped it with baby wipes and put the final coat of primer on it. 

Later in the afternoon, I put the wood filler into the crack on the second shelf and left it to dry. It is ready to sand and fill the other side. The two legs are ready to be wiped and primed. 

I found another YouTube video on finishing furniture. This person is Canadian. The video I watched shows a beginner how to paint a piece of furniture. I've done it correctly so far though I really shouldn't have taken the table apart. 

I have been having lower glucose readings and I have been hungry. I lost .2 lb this past week which is okay. I have been eating a bit more due to the lower readings but will be getting back on track today. 

In the midst of all the activity in the house and garage, the company who mows the lawns were here and did the lawns. They look good even though it has been hot. Once again, it was quite long. 

Sewing

I altered son's shorts before lunch. It took me about 90 minutes to do the job. I was happy to have the job done and took them over to him right away. 

After lunch, I started the bonnet for the doll's outfit. It is a cute pattern but fits a bit on the short side over the back of the head. Not horrible but I would have liked a bit more pouf. 

It is cute with the dress and apron. 

Just the shoes and this project will be complete. I am hoping I have enough scraps of the dress fabric for the shoes. There will be  pieces of the apron and bonnet fabric to give to my neighbour's quilt group. 

Once the shoes are done, I plan on doing the mug rugs in the hoop and work on the bowl cozies, placemats, and potholders so they are finished. I'd love to have them done to completion before the end of next week. 

Knitting

I didn't touch it last night. 

Today

I am out this morning to the Wellness Center at the hospital for my diabetes appointment. Once home, I will try to do some work on the table which I will finish later in the afternoon. I want to cut out and sew the doll shoes if I have enough fabric. I need to water the vegetables and flowers as it will be quite hot today. I am hoping to knit on the doll's leggings tonight if I am not to tired from the heat and humidity. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment