Saturday, July 08, 2023

Too Hot Too Run

 Yesterday was our hottest day with a high of 30.6C (humidex 38C). There was a few clouds and a bit of wind but it was mainly calm and sunny. This morning it is foggy and 16C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 30C (humidex 36C) today. We are still under a heat warning as is most other places in Canada. I am sure there are a lot of heat warnings in the US also.

Lifestyle

I tackled my bedroom yesterday. I took a lot of the Spousal Unit's clothing to the trash can. No one can wear them so after a lot of thought I did it with no tears. I still have some of his shirts and a couple of pairs of pants to give to the thrift shop. They are still in the closet and I will do it when I am ready to. 

The poor bedroom got dismantled and scrubbed. It was a lot of hard work but so worth it. It was great to have a clean, fresh smelling bedroom to sleep in last night. 

I had to run out at one point to scare a cat who was digging in the carrot box. I must have scared him bad as I didn't see him again. I ran in, got the cayenne pepper, and sprinkled the vegetable boxes. I was so hot from moving fast in the heat, I had to rest. I went out when it was cooler and cut the roses. Three were past and tossed and two came inside with me. 

I watered all the plants in the front of the house. They were getting dry from being sheltered from the rain. All are doing well. I have 1 plant to water tonight though I hope to water everything if the lawn is mown this afternoon. I hate walking in the lawn as it is so long. 

I went out in the late afternoon to get groceries and glucose supplies. It wasn't busy in the store at that time but things had been picked over. People are buying to go camping this weekend due to the nice weather. 

I had to go out onto the deck into the shade of the umbrella to fold starched fabric and got to watch my neighbour chase the chickens out of his fenced yard. The chickens were uncooperative and he kept telling them that. He tried to herd them out and was successful with two. The other two he had to catch and carry out. It was funny to watch but I am sure he was annoyed at having them in his yard. They have worked hard to improve their yard this year and I'm sure chickens scratching in the flower bed would not be appreciated. 

Sewing

I starched fabric yesterday morning. I did the backing for the placemats and the napkins for the corner squares on the cardinal quilt. All need to be pressed and cut in the next few of days. I have 32 of the 96 squares already cut. Lots left to do. 

I did sew though I was tired from the heat and humidity. I got the apron sewn together and the hem sewn up. I need to hand sew the lining down and attach the snaps. 

I am happy I took the time to fussy cut the center panel of the apron bodice. 

The dress pattern is traced and ready to be pinned onto the fabric and cut out. This little outfit is coming together nicely. As I work on this outfit, I am seeing more of the cutting table show up. That is also making me happy. 

Knitting

I knit, I unknit, and I knit some more. I am now decreasing the leg so it will fit the doll's leg and not be baggy. I probably knit 20 rows after I unknit and fixed a mistake. 

Thoughts

    As I waited for the floor in the bedroom to dry, I thought about how I am going to decorate this room. A plan is falling into place. With the walls to be painted grey and the black out curtains almost the same colour as the grey paint, I have decided on having white bedding. I will get a king size duvet cover for the bed so it hangs down a long way on the sides. The sheep quilt will be on the bed in the winter for warmth. I am going to look at adding a soft denim blue which will need to be included in the sheep quilt. The room will continue to be minimalist as I sleep best in an uncluttered space. 

    I was up during the night, turned off the a/c and opened the windows. The house cooled off and freshened up. I slept like a log and didn't wake up until 6:30 am this morning. It was nice to feel refreshed in a cooler room. 

Today

The plan is to clean the dining area and hall. I will sweep the kitchen floor and wash it when I do the other floors. I have to go out before lunch and get Elliott some dry food. I want to finish the doll's apron and either press fabrics or cut out the dress. I hope to knit tonight. I also need to water plants tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment