Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sewing and Painting

 Yesterday was cooler but more humid. It was cloudy most of the day with a 2 minute shower in the late afternoon. The high got to 26.9C (humidex 34C). This morning it is cloudy and 22C (humidex 29C). We are to have a high of 29 (humidex 36C) and sun and clouds today. 

Lifestyle

I decided that I need to start painting the little table and get it together. I primed one shelf and leg with Bullseye 123 primer so the wood tannins won't come through the paint. I have been out this morning to sand those pieces so I can give them a 2nd coat of primer. 

The underside of the table and the leg. I have one more shelf and 2 legs to do. I am slow as I let the primer dry for several hours before turning the pieces over to do the opposite side. 

Daughter-in-law came over with son's shorts so I can take them in. She removed the baseboard from the front entrance. I pulled out the nails and got one small area sanded. I think I need to get some new sanding blocks of different grit as mine is fine. I need a coarse one to start and the fine one to finish. 

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room. I worked on altering son's shorts and got them done to trying on. I hope to get them back today so I can continue as I have a 2nd pair to do also. 

I finished the doll's dress to snaps. At that point I was tired with a glucose low and it was time to start dinner. The dress is cute on its own. 

When I put on the apron, I was very happy with how the two pieces went together. 

Next up is the bonnet. The left over fabric is disappearing rapidly. 

Knitting

I did spend a few minutes going through the quilting fabric and put some into a pile for my neighbour's quilting group. I saw a 2" square scrappy quilt they made so know the fabric will go to good use. There could be a piece of the blue apron fabric left for them to use also. 

I looked and didn't touch it. I had intentions of knitting but it didn't happen. 

Thoughts

    With the small amount of baseboard coming off in the front entry, I am excited to be prepping the upstairs to be painted. It will be nice to have grey walls to build my design ideas around. I am trying to figure out my colours in the house and am going to stick with blues. A range from navy to a dusty blue. I am wanting to add a bit of sage green and and maybe a dusty rose. Those would be artificial plants and flowers. 

    I was thinking of buying a new kitchen but I may get the cupboards I have painted. I will have to put some of my dishes in a drawer but I can figure that out. I will have to rearrange the other cupboards which isn't a big deal. 

    I did a bit of searching on what is popular with interior designs. Cottage Core and Modern Prairie are the new look like Farmhouse was pre-pandemic. I'm thinking about how to do a bit of farmhouse/modern prairie look that is contemporary and clean looking. I am not a person who likes a lot of fuss in my home. 

    I want to start enjoying my deck as soon as it cools off some. The humidity is the stickler for me. I am sure I will enjoy eating my meals outside later on. Even with the umbrella up, it is not fun to sit outside in the humidity.

Today

I have the balance sheet to do, work on grandson's piece of writing, and grocery shopping. I need to prime the two pieces for the little table and sew. If I am not too tired, I need to knit. With the humidity I need to remember to move slower and drink plenty of fluids. 

Until the next time...............................................

    


No comments:

Post a Comment