Wednesday, July 19, 2023

I'm Doing Great Diet Wise

 Yesterday was quite warm with a high of 30.8C (humidex 38C). We were under a thunderstorm watch but had no storms last night. This morning it is 23C (humidex 32C) and it is cloudy. We are to have showers (sometimes heavy) and a high of 26C (humidex 34C).

I stepped outside at just after 6 a.m. and it was overly warm and muggy. Even the bit of rain coming down is warm on the skin.

Lifestyle

I was out to see the dietician at the hospital yesterday morning. I was with her for 90 minutes. She was happy to have a person who is working hard on controlling her pre-diabetes through diet and exercise. We talked through my numbers and what I eat. She went through my blood work results and gave suggestions (less meat and a bit more carbs). I have met the weight loss goal for people who have pre-diabetes and she is happy I am trying to loose more weight. I am to loose it slower. She has referred me to the physiotherapist in the hospital. I am truly amazed and grateful of this service and will be booking another appointment with the dietician next year. 

I did spend time reading the information sheets she gave me. I am now weighing my meat so I have 3 ounces of meat at lunch and dinner. My breakfast protein is perfect. This decrease in meat is due to my lower kidney function which she explained to me in greater detail. 

I did work on the little table and have both sides of the top filled and sanded. I did a light coat of primer on the two legs. The higher humidity makes drying times so much longer than normal. I did watch some more DIY videos. The one I was watching is from New Brunswick and a new one is from Nova Scotia. 

I was out and weeded 2 of the vegetable boxes. One of the bell peppers has an open bloom on it. There are loads of buds on both the bell and jalapeño pepper plants. The cucumbers and tomato in the 2nd box I weeded are growing rapidly. The tomato plants are in full bloom. A peek at the peas and they are loaded and will be ready to pick in about 10 days. Once I had done the bit of weeding and snooping, I watered the garden. 

I did have a nap yesterday afternoon. I closed my eyes to rest and woke up 45 minutes later. I did feel better and slept fairly well last night. The heat and humidity finally did me in. 

Sewing

I had just enough time to cut out the doll's shoes and glue on the soles before going to see the dietitian. I had enough scraps to do the job and a piece of fabric 4" by the width of the fabric goes into the scrap pile for the quilter's group.

After lunch, I spent a good hour sewing up the shoes and putting them together. They turned out really well. 

The annoying factor is seeing the sole on one shoe. I put them on almost the same but something happened. They do go well with the dress and I will be putting them on the doll today. 

I also finished the 2 potholders. I stitched in the ditch and hand sewed the opening closed. I am pleased to have them done. 

I have put the 4 bowl cozies onto the sewing machine cabinet to work on next. I am working through July's to-do list slowly but surely. 

One of the jobs I have is to measure the fabric pieces I am giving to the quilting group. I want to know how much I have donated so I can record it in my spreadsheet. I am also going to move some of the fabric into the drawers of the cabinet I have for my stash. Mainly projects I have planned. That way I can see what I need to sew up or donate. My last job will be to go through the doll's fabric and sort out what I don't want and donate it. I am doing this just before leaving the sewing room. 

Knitting

I worked on the doll's leggings and am going to take out the last row, knit it in ribbing and cast it off. I do not want stirrup pants. Once that is done, I will pick up the other leg and start on it. 

Today

The goal this morning is to clean the living room. I also want to put a 2nd coat of primer on the little table legs before lunch. This afternoon the plan is to work on the bowl cozies. I need to measure the fabric in the pile. I want to move fabric into the drawers so I am not handling them all the time when digging in the stash. I am hoping that I have the energy to knit tonight. This is going to be one humid day for us. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment