Friday, July 21, 2023

Silver Leather Shoes

 Yesterday was another warm muggy day with a high of 27.6 (humidex 36C). This morning it is cloudy and 18C. We are to have showers and a high of 24C (humidex 31C). 

Lifestyle

I've been out on the deck to see if I could open the windows to air the house out and it won't happen. It is not that cool and somewhat muggy out there. 

I was out early yesterday for a hair cut. I got there early and was in the chair immediately. I left feeling 100% better. 

Once home, I folded laundry and called it a morning. I was going to do other things in the basement. 

At 2 pm I left to take the car in to see why the check engine light was one. I did some shopping and then headed up to the car dealership. They told me it was the gas cap not being seated correctly. I was stunned as the light had come on two days before I put gas in the car. I am to watch this to see if it happens again. I left and went to get some dinner. I ordered and only got (and paid for) the fries. I had to eat more when I got home. 

Sewing

I was down the stairs before lunch to do 2 things. One was to get out the leather for the next pair of doll shoes. I chose a smoother silver leather this time. 

The next job was to find fabric for the doll's outfit I am going to make next. I got out the 2 tubs of cottons that are for the dolls and went through every single piece. I need to sew like a mad woman to use it all up. While looking for fabric, I set aside 7.3 meters for the quilting group. I did find the fabric I wanted for the outfit. 

The skirt fabric has a silver thread in it making it a perfect for the silver shoes. 

I cut out the shoes. It is best to trace the pattern on the back of the leather as you can pin it and taping the pattern pulls off the finish. The finish is fragile but I can handle it (or I hope I remember how to handle it). 

I did sew on the soup bowl cozies for less than an hour. I got the darts in 4 pieces, pressed them and pinned them together in one spot so I know which go together. I have realized that the very soft batting does not make as nice a bowl cozy as the stiffer batting. I still have 2 more squares to put darts into and then I can sew them together and finish them up. Hurrah! Another job is almost done. Then it is the 2 place mats and I'm done that big project. I will be happy to see it done. 

I ordered the fabric for the backing on the sheep quilt I am going to make. It is the perfect choice and daughter is picking it up and shipping it to me later on. My next purchase for it is the black for the faces. 

Knitting

I did finish leg 1 and started on leg 2 before my hands cramped up. These leggings are going to be a bit short in the body for the doll. Fit around is great so I will need to figure out the body length if I knit them again. 

Thoughts

    I am choked about the gas cap on the car. I don't know why it is loosing its seal and making the check engine light come on. I even put the cap on tight when I put gas in the car. I'm going to try to push down harder the next time I put gas in. That may be in 3 to 4 weeks. 

    As I sort through the fabric stash, I have this huge desire to clean the sewing room. I may start working on it a bit every day. Not a huge amount of time but 20 - 30 minutes each day. I know that I want to go through the stash one more time and sort fabrics out. I have put some quilt fabric into the drawer unit as they are for specific projects this winter. I am thinking about sorting the Christmas fabric next. 

    While sorting through the doll's stash, I kept reminding myself I need to sew just items of clothing not outfits. As I handled the fabric, I kept making outfits out of them. I was chuckling as I was playing with the fabric. I really enjoy making outfits and would like all the dolls to have new outfits to wear. 

    While in Home Depot, I looked at the blinds but am not sure if I found the ones I want to buy. No one was available to help me so I headed to the paint department. I got what I wanted and left. I was on a tight timeline as I had one more stop before going to take the car in to be checked.  

Today

I am home all day and want to continue cleaning the living room. Once I get what I have planned done, I want to prime the legs on the little table, sew on the winter fabric, and try to knit tonight. I may try to get out to weed one of the vegetable boxes if it isn't raining. I would like to knit tonight. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment