Sunday, July 30, 2023

Prepping Three Bags

 Yesterday felt cooler as there was a lovely breeze (almost windy). The sun shone and the the high got to 25.9C (humidex 32C). This morning it is raining lightly and about 1/2" fell during the night. It is 17C. We are to have showers with a high of 25C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I was busy. I folded laundry but didn't do another load as it was too small. I swept all the floors but didn't mop them as they are clean. I did clean the floor at the top of the stairs, down the stairs, the landing, and stairs to the basement. All on my hands and knees. It was dusty and somewhat dirty. Not as bad as anticipated though. 

When the floors and stairs had dried, I hauled down the the little ladder to the basement and changed light bulbs in the light at the bottom of the stairs. One was completely dead and the other came on briefly. I then grabbed the light bulb extension pole and changed the burnt out light bulb in the stairwell. That job was done quickly. 

I did putter a bit putting things away, straightening blankets, and making sure the house looked neat and tidy. I am getting into the swing of making sure everything is put away and that I do the floors each day. 

I watered the vegetables and the pots on the deck last night. I am amazed at how tall the tomato plants are getting - 4 to 5 feet tall. I need to cut the tops off so they put their energy into the fruit and not the plants. I will be giving away tomatoes again this year. We laugh as I have less plants than ever (6 vs 18). 

I fought lower glucose again yesterday though it wasn't as low as the previous 2 days. I am doing a lot of extra work and using up what I eat. I have also lost weight which I had hoped I wouldn't. I am eating healthy and haven't had any sweets since I saw the doctor in June. I may allow myself something like cheese, meat and crackers or dip and nachos once a week when I shop. I usually get a salad and add chicken to it. 

Sewing

I had a great afternoon sewing. I pressed the craft interfacing to the horse bag and sewed it down around the edges. I also put the piping on the handles and button loop. I dug out the lining in hopes I have enough. I do need to trim 1/2" off the top of the bag as it is too long. 

I set it aside ready to sew when the other bags are ready. The next bag came out and I had issues getting the design in my head. What size do I need for each piece, how will I use up the cut off piece from the front, and the questions flowed. 

As I worked on bag #3, the ideas for the dog bag came to me. I just needed to have some time to think about it. 

Bag #3 was prepped using a pattern daughter had sent me at Christmas. I also used fat quarters for the bag hence it's scrappy look. The lining is a full half meter which is great. 

This bag needs to have either craft interfacing or fusible fleece put on the back and lightly quilted (diagonal lines going one way only). 

I left the sewing room quite happy with the amount of fabric I got prepped for this week. 

Knitting

None done as I was tired. 

Today

I have the balance sheet and bills to pay this morning. Once that is done, I will be heading downstairs to sew for the day. I plan on making two dog blankets and then continue on with the bags. I want to cut out the breeders bag today and get it prepped. If I get the fusible fleece on the last bag and get it quilted, I will be thrilled. I hope to knit tonight though I am not sure about that. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment