Saturday, July 29, 2023

Winter Fabric Project Completed

 Yesterday was another warm and sunny day. The high got to 28C (humidex 34C). This morning it is 20C (humidex 27C) with some clouds. We are to have a high of 28C (humidex 34C). 

Lifestyle

I went grocery shopping yesterday morning for food. It took a while to do that. When home, I got everything put away and planned dinner. 

I texted my friend and took over smoked pulled pork, buns, coleslaw and drinks for dinner. I put it into my basket to make it look like a picnic dinner. Too hot to eat outside so we ate in the a/c house. It was delicious and we had a wonderful time visiting. 

The lawn maintenance company was here to spray for cinch bugs. This lawn seems to be prone to them and I will get a second application near the end of August. There are some weeds in the lawn and I am not sure if they will be doing another weed control later on. With so much rain, the weeds have done well this year. 

Sewing

I started making the mug rugs just before lunch. By mid afternoon I had them completed. 

The Winter fabric project is done. I just have to lay out all the pieces and take a picture of them. Today's job.

Once done, I hauled out the first bag to work on. I had it cut out already to I put the first layer of interfacing on the three pieces. Next was to sew them together and press the seams open. The bag is now ready for the craft weight interfacing. 

I folded the bottom piece under as it is the part of the bag that forms the bottom boxed section. Once that was done, I interfaced the handles and button loop and folded them ready for piping. 

I grabbed a piece of very black cotton and cut out a bit over a meter of bias strips and made piping for the handles and button loop. No picture of it as it was time to leave the sewing room for the day. 

I have been watching videos of how to make a shirt. There were no real surprises in the process though I did learn a couple of things about sleeve laps. This shirt does not have them as it is Palmer Pletch's easy sleeve pattern.  Once the three bags are prepped, I will be working on the shirt for myself. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night. I picked it up, got ready to open the pattern on the iPad and Elliott climbed up on me for a long cuddle. 

Thoughts

    Though the day temperatures are only cooling off 3 to 4C, the night temperatures are going to be in the mid teens this coming week. It will be so nice to have cool mornings and open windows. I look forward to having the a/c off for a few hours each day.

    I haven't worked on my furniture project for a long time. The garage has been too hot for painting. Opening the garage door makes it even hotter in there. Hopefully this coming week I can finish priming the pieces and prep them for paint. 

    I am hoping to do some weed control this week also. I need to do under the deck, around the house and shed, and some more along the ditch. It will be nice to have the weeds back under control and some areas ready for landscaping. 

    I have been thinking about fitting patterns to myself. I will probably need help with it if I want to make something well fitted. I do know that I need to make a shoulder adjustment (take off the front and add to the back) and to lengthen for my long waist. I am still not certain what I will do but I am watching videos to help me decide. 

Today

My goal today is to sweep all the floors and mop them plus clean the little hall and the front landing. I should fold laundry and do another load. I want to continue working on the bag and get the craft interfacing put in and the piping on the handles and button loop. If I have enough time, I will plan out the next bag and cut it out. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment