Sunday, July 09, 2023

Out And About

 Yesterday was cooler but still sunny. The high got to 26.4C with a humidex of 34C. Our relative humidity is still high at 70% during the hottest part of the day. This morning it is cloudy and 19C. We are to have a mix of sun and cloud and 30C (humidex 38C).

Lifestyle

The moisture level in the house is decreasing as I only dumped 1/4 of a tub of water yesterday. It is nice to know it is drying out in here. I am now checking the dehumidifier later in the day. I know I will have to check it more often when we get more wet humid weather. 

The umbrella went up early so the kitchen window was shaded from the sun. The two things I do each morning before I start my chores. 

I started tearing the dining area apart so I could clean it. I had the table cleared off, items put away, and it washed down good. I had pulled the table out from the wall and moved the chairs so I could do start cleaning up properly. I cleaned the curtain rods, turned one around so it doesn't slide apart when opening and closing the curtains. I had just sat down for a drink when there was a knock at the door. It was daughter-in-law.

She and I took off to get chemicals for the pool and to shop. I grabbed my list and off we went. I got everything I needed plus a lovely set of sheets in white. We got home at about 12:30 and I had lunch. It was a lovely morning.

Just as I was finishing up lunch, son arrived and our neighbour came over. They went over the Spousal Unit's tools with son picking up what he had forgot and our neighbour getting what he wanted. We helped him haul is loot home. It was perfect as he was cleaning out his garage and getting rid of items that were wrecked. He was happy and I got some money towards new items for the bedroom. 

When all of that was done, I finished cleaning the dining area. I was done by mid afternoon and I was happy to have that off my list. 

The lawn didn't get cut yesterday as expected. I am sure the person is behind in his list of places to do. Hopefully today or tomorrow as it starts to get wet again tomorrow night. My neighbour asked when I was going to get a herd of goats to mow the lawn. I said it was that or a swather and baler. We all laughed about the length of the lawn as we waded through it. Internally I was shuddering as the lawn touched my skin. I hate the feel of grass on my skin (have since I was a baby). 

Sewing

I did get down to the sewing room for just over an hour. I hand sewed the bodice lining down and put on 2 snaps. The pattern called for velcro down the full length of the back. I don't do that and I wanted only the bodice to shut on this apron. 

The apron fits a bit big on the doll. I am hoping it will be snugger when I put the dress on. 

After pressing the apron well, I pressed on of the starched napkins and it is ready to cut into squares for the quilt. It will be press and cut for the next few days. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was tired. The heat is getting to me as I have been outside more than I should have been. 

Thoughts

    I am thinking more about fixing up the inside of the house. What do I need to do is easy. What is the best items to buy is hard. How do I do it is harder. I have been trying to build a plan but it has been hard. My ideas keep changing now that I am alone. I still want the farmhouse look but it is hard to put my ideas down on paper. The bedroom is the only room that is planned reasonably well. It is probably the room I have spent the most time thinking about. The spare room is basically done except for a couple of hand made items. It went together easily once I had thought about it. 

    I am going to have to find someone to take off the trim and patch the areas for me. I need to get ready to have the upstairs painted this fall. The person who does the trim will have to put on the new trim for me. I am going to have to get a couple of quotes from people. I need to talk to my neighbour as he is a wealth of information. 

     I slept poorly last night. I had a lot of pain in my back making it hard to get comfortable. l will be struggling today trying not to nap. I know I will be moving slowly today but I will get things done. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet and try to spray the weeds under the deck. I would like to sweep the kitchen and bathroom floors also. This afternoon I want to cut out the doll's dress. I doubt if I will knit tonight as I will be struggling to stay awake. 

Until the next time..................................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment