Thursday, July 13, 2023

Progress On The Doll's Dress

 Yesterday was another warm muggy day. The high got to 28.2C (humidex 36C). This morning, it is foggy and 16C. We are to have a high of 30C (humidex 38C) and sunshine. We could have an afternoon thunder storm. We are under a heat warning for today and tomorrow. It is going to be hot and humid. 

Lifestyle

I was out early to the bank and the mortgage will be paid off either today or tomorrow. It is good to have no debts and not worry about interest rates as I have been. I have to discharge the mortgage from the house insurance and the property title once the transaction is completed. 

Once home, I did a few things in preparation for going out with family to watch grandson's team play. Dinner was made, items I needed put into a bag including a hat. They picked me up at 4:30 pm and we took the old highway into the city. The a/c in their car died and we had to drive slower so the windows could be open. Repeat on the way home. 

The game was great. Fast moving with each team scoring a goal. There were a lot of yellow cards (fouls) shown by the ref as the other team and their coaches were very mouthy. The team got its verbal warnings before they were carded. Grandson's team played with only one yellow card and they know not to say a word to the ref about it. They had a huge lesson in that early this spring. The game tied at 1-1 and grandson's team is now tied for first place in their league. 

I had a lot of leg cramps during the night. Part is being cramped in the car and part is sitting for 2 hours in the bleachers. We tried chairs last night and I had a cushion but it still happened. I call it old age. I even walked .75 km round trip to the bathroom to help with stiffness and cramping. I also drank a lot of fluids. 

I did a Covid test yesterday morning and I am negative. I will do one again on Saturday to make sure as I will be in the hospital on Tuesday for my diabetic appointment. I feel fine but am being super careful. 

Sewing

I worked on the doll's dress yesterday afternoon. I got the lining stitched down to the sleeves and I am pleased with how it looks. Such a tiny space to work in so it took longer than expected. 

The next job was the skirt. The side seams were serged and sewn together. The hem was marked with a basting stitch and then the raw edge serged. I had to stop and think about the back seam and when it needs to be serged. After the bodice is attached and before it is sewn together. The skirt was gathered and I started to attach it to the bodice. The skirt is fuller than I thought it would be. I got half of it pinned on when I ran out of time. 

When I tried it on the doll, I decided to put a row of the lace on the hem's stitching line. That is an inch up from the bottom. It will still be seen with the apron on. 

The fabrics I bought are upstairs ready to be laundered today. I will take pictures of them after they are laundered. I am getting excited about sewing bags on my next visit. It is pushing me to finish up the winter fabric projects. 

Today

I am tired today from being up during the night with the leg cramps. I will fold laundry for sure and I may allow myself to have a nap. The new fabrics will be laundered. I have to fill the pond with water and water the flower containers on the deck and at the front of the house this morning. I will water the garden tonight. I would love to sew if I am not too tired as my goal was to finish the dress today. We wait and see on that one. I know there will be no knitting tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment