Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Sorting Interfacing and Batting

 Once again, it rained yesterday. We had almost an inch of rain fall before it stopped in the early evening. The high got to a muggy 22.8C (humidex 30C). This morning it is 18C and it rained. We are to have showers and a high of 23C with a humidex of 31C. The weather statement for the rain has disappeared, thank goodness.

Lifestyle

My morning started with emptying the tank in the dehumidifier. Almost 3 tanks have been emptied in 3 days. That is a lot of water taken out of the air in this house. That doesn't include what the air exchanger and the heat pump have removed. I usually check the dehumidifier at night also. 

I did 2 loads of laundry and cleaned the spare room floor. It was time to clean up around Elliott's litter box. Though I sweep it all the time, the floor needed scrubbing. I did it on my hands and knees. Doing it that way helps the pain in my hip. It seems to unpinch it some. I also took the litter mat out and hosed it down. It is on the railing to dry when the sun comes out. The job is done.

I put the blankets back on the couches and chair and Elliott was so happy he slept on all of them during the day. He was really happy I put his quilt on the chair and had his major nap under it. 

I looked out the window and the garden is growing very rapidly. I can see the cucumber plants have doubled in size as have most of the other plants. The lawn is really long and I am hoping it will be mowed by the end of the week. Once done, I will get outside in the mornings and do some yard work. 

I took a picture of the tree outside. It has the most blooms ever on it. I don't know the name of it but I do like it. 

Sewing

I spent quality time in the sewing room. I thought I had 2 placemats left to hand sew the binding on. Nope, I have 3. I did one while block #11 stitched out. 

When the sewing was done, I brought down the drawer unit and set it up in the sewing room. I swept the floor around the cutting table and proceeded to take all of the interfacing and batting off the stash shelving unit. 

I have less batting than I thought. Once piece of horrid stuff I threw out. It was like working with cardboard. The rest I sorted out and put away. I can use it in placemats. There is a small packaged batting that I will make into a small quilt. I can use up the batting rather quickly. Most of the batting is natural in colour so I can't use it when I sew light coloured quilted items.

The interfacing was sorted and I had a couple of surprises. I have 2 meters of Lazy Girl interfacing for bags. It is wonderful stuff that I thought was something else. I have fusible fleece that I didn't realize I had. I have plans for it. The regular interfacing is manageable. I fits in its half of the drawer nicely. I use it up rather quickly when I make bags and I will need a bunch when I make my shirts.

I have more batting and interfacing than will fit in the designated drawer. I need to plan items that will use it up so I can buy one type of batting only. It was good to go through it as I now know what and how much I have. I also know that I need to buy carefully and break the habit of stashing it. I want to be in the position to buy what I need when I do a project. 

Knitting

I still need to get up 2 pairs of knitting needles to knit the leggings. I did find the pattern so am ready to start. I also need to find the buttons for the sweater and sew them on. 

Today

I would love to return the dishes today and pay to sew at the quilt shop next week. Once home, I want to sew the binding down on a placemat and stitch out block #12. I should try to knit tonight if I'm not too tired. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment