Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The Mortgage Mess Is Over

 Yesterday was a hot day. It was sunny and less humid. The official high was 28.6C (humidex 33C) though we did see 30C here. This morning it is clear and 16C. We are under a heat warning with a high of 30C (humidex 37C) today. The heat warning is to last for 2 days and maybe longer. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door to the bank and got there just after 9:30 a.m. My financial advisor was with clients but the teller sent her a message to call me. I left saying I would be back to sit until I got answers. She called me saying that it would take until Aug 1 to process the mortgage payment but what I would pay was set on July 14. The mortgage renewal would come off at that time. At noon she called back to say all was done and the mortgage payment I made was reimbursed to my account. That was done twice yesterday. I will watch to see what happens to the 2nd deposit as I expect it to disappear. I became mortgage free on the Spousal Unit's birthdate. I guess it was meant to be. 

I did clean up more of the living room. I scrubbed the banister that runs the length of the stairs. It was dirtier than I thought it was. I mopped the floor in that area three times.  I need to mop the floors again, do the blankets, and finish tidying up. It is looking nice in there. I'm pushing myself to do some cleaning each day. I have made a list for the rest of this week and hope to get it done.  

Daughter-in-law was over yesterday afternoon to talk. We went out to pick beans and she snitched peas and carrots to munch on. We are picking peas tomorrow and grandson is going to lay the slate in the ditch into a single layer so the water can run over it. We will have taken care of the issue in my part of the ditch. 

Sewing

I did get to sew some yesterday afternoon. I got the 2nd placemat done and ready to bind. 

I did look at the binding but didn't start on it. I was done for the day. 

I have been watching the Great British Sewing Bee but haven't commented on it lately. Some of the sewing has been beautiful. Asmaa and Mia are my favourites. Both are talented sewers in my opinion and either one could win. The last episode is this week.  

I was going to go to the quilt shop and sew today. Not happening due to the heat and I'm not sure if they have the a/c fixed in the classroom. Plus, I am not ready as I need to get the winter fabric project finished and the bags prepped. 

Knitting

I took the leggings apart. I had to wind balls of yarn and after a bit of swearing, it got done. I have the leggings on the needles ready to lengthen the body by 5-10 rows. It will be fitting time as I knit. 

Thoughts

    It was a funny day for me. I was sad as it was the Spousal Unit's birthday; his first one in heaven. But it was a good day as the mortgage was paid off. My emotions ran from sadness to happiness most of the day and left me tired. 

    My weight is yo-yoing due to the heat. I think I am drinking enough but I'm not and my body retains fluid. I am not moving enough due to the heat. I only stay outside for 10 minutes at a time and have limited the number of times I go outside. I am trying to move inside but it's hard when you feel tired. My plan today is to drink more fluids. 

    This province is, once again, showing how strong it is after so much destruction and loss from the flooding. The official amount of rain was 8" in our area. People are missing and one known body and an unidentified body were found. At this time, search and rescue are still looking for 3 more known missing people. 

    I have people I know in BC who have been evacuated from their homes due to the fires. I sure wish some of the rain we had could have fallen over there. They certainly could use some good rain to help fire fighters in their efforts to get the fires under control. 

Today

I am hoping to finish the living room and start in the dining room. I need to do a lot of laundry (mostly bedding and blankets) and would like to get the old dishes out into the garage. I would like to make the binding and attach it to the two placemats so I can start hand sewing them down. I may knit tonight. My biggest job is to drink more fluids and not go out a lot today. I will save my outside time to watering the plants. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment