Saturday, July 22, 2023

Oh What A Day

 The weather yesterday consisted of thunderstorm, heavy rain, and a high of 23.3C (humidex 31C). The weather website says we had 12.3cm of rain but we actually had over 4" fall according to the rain gauge here and on a weather app I use. This morning it is cloudy, raining and 19C. We are to have rain (under a rainfall warning) and 22C (humidex 30C)

Lifestyle

I had a very stressful day yesterday. I have wanted to say my house mortgage is paid off but it has become a nightmare. All of the paper work was done July 12 and the money sits waiting to pay out the mortgage. Nothing has happened until yesterday when I saw I was given a new mortgage and a payment of almost twice as much as I was paying. To say I was livid is an understatement. I emailed my financial advisor and headed to the bank.

The financial advisor was working on the issue when I walked into the bank and when I talked to the teller she got the manager to see me. I sat in a chair and cried. I was so upset. The financial advisor was hoping it would be fixed by the end of the day but it wasn't. I will be emailing her tomorrow and arriving at the bank when it opens for answers on Monday. Everything has to go away and I need for the bank to compensate me for all that I am going through. 

I came home and had a day full of every emotion you could think of. I did clean up more of the living room and took my frustrations out on it. I am down to one couch to move and clean under and 3 blankets to launder.

I was over to family's for dinner. It was Mongolian beef and rice. Delicious. I had a good visit and was home early as I left between rain showers.

We had 15 hours of thunderstorms yesterday and last night. It was pretty bad during the night with some being right over us. The lightening was so bright it was like a sunny day. A couple of loud claps of thunder had both Elliott and I jump. Then there was the Emergency Alerts for our area. A dam  was at risk of breaching. Another area was flooding. People were leaving their homes to go to evacuation centres between 3 and 4 am. Then the authorities turned off the power in our area but not where the flooding was. It was because people were in trees in our area waiting to be rescued by helicopter.  It was a crazy night.

I was out to assess the damage this morning and the drainage ditch between the neighbours and I washed out and there is a huge pile of gravel in the ditch. 

A lot of gravel needs to be put back into the drainage ditch. 

I understand it wasn't put in by the previous owner of this house but I will talk to my neighbours and find out. My approach is that it wasn't mentioned in the listing or by the real estate agent. If it isn't my problem, I will walk away. If it is, I will deal with it in my own way. Either get it done by the lawn mowing company or get family to help me. If shared we will have to come up with a plan. 

Sewing

I did go downstairs to sew and got the darts done in the 3 remaining bowl cozies and 2 of them sewn up. 

Once done, I spent a bit of time sorting through the Christmas fabric, pressed some pieces for a bag, and put more fabric into the donation pile. I was mentally exhausted from the bank issues so went upstairs to rest. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was tired. I am thinking of starting the leggings again and making the body part longer. Not today but as soon as I am more alert. 

Today

I am resting today as I am tired. I don't want to do things and make a mess. I know I will need to nap some and be in bed early. I may do a bit of clean up but it remains to be seen. And I'm not sewing or knitting as I will ruin what ever I touch. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment