Thursday, July 27, 2023

Harvested Peas and Garlic

 Yesterday was hot but less humid. There was sun and cloud and a high of 28.1C (humidex 35C). This morning there is some light clouds and it is 19C. We are to have mainly cloudy weather with a high of of 28C. Rain tonight. The heat warning is over. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned the kitchen yesterday. It wasn't as dirty as I had expected but every surface got washed well and then buffed to a shine. I took out the recycling and garbage and then swept all the floors in the areas I've cleaned. I washed the kitchen floor. It feels good having half the upstairs clean. 

I did a load of laundry and it waits to be folded today. I ran out of time as I was busy until almost 8 pm. Family arrived after dinner and we picked peas. The plants were pulled and I can prep that box for winter. 

I pulled the garlic and we have a nice haul for winter.

Most were regular sized bulbs but there are a few big ones. 

They will dry now until fall when we can start to use them. The smell of garlic is rich and pungent which is perfect. I will be planting more garlic in late September. 

Son and grandson moved the shale around in the ditch and it looks great. Grandson chased chickens out of our yard with me not far behind him. We had to do it twice before the people put them back into their yard. I have to make a call about them today. They know I am doing it.

The humidity had dropped as I had less than a half a tank of dehumidifier water for the plants. It didn't feel as hot outside when I was out looking at things from the deck or when we were outside last night. 

I got a phone call from the doctor's office and I have to go in Aug 1 for a follow up visit as I saw the dietician. I know there is not major issues so was surprised to have to see him. He is very thorough which I like. I will be going in to see him again after I see the physiotherapist. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room after lunch. Elliott followed me and had a great nap under a blanket on the big chair. I got the binding hand sewn down on the first placemat. 


Once done, I pressed the left over grey snowflake fabric from the cardinal quilt along with the two pieces of fabric for the next doll's outfit. 

I still had time left before starting supper so I decided to embroider the first mug rug. I put the pattern onto the machine and started. They certainly don't take long to make. 

I will hand sew the backing together when I stitch out the next one. 

Knitting

None as I was tired after a busy evening. 

Today

I am cleaning the bathroom and mopping floors. I have two loads of laundry to do and may get the cardinal fabric starched and hung to dry outside. I want to hand sew the binding down on the last placemat and stitch out another mug rug. I need to pick lettuce, wash it and deliver it to my friend. Family will pick up their share of the peas and some lettuce today. I would like to knit tonight. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment