Friday, July 14, 2023

A Disaster Was Diverted

 Yesterday was hot with an almost full day of sunshine. The high got to 29.6C (humidex 38C). This morning it is quite clear and 18C. We are to have another day of sunshine and a high of 30C (humidex 38C). 

Lifestyle

I was tired yesterday and moved slower than I had hoped. I folded laundry and tried to nap. No success in that department. I was in and out of the house all day but would only spend up to 10 minutes outside at a time. I pulled a few weeds, water plants, tended to the pond, brought in the compost bin, and walked down to visit my friend. 

Daughter and I figured out that I needed to drink an electrolyte drink to replenish my body. I had a drink of water with Mio Sport (electrolytes) in it early in the afternoon and all was well last night. I am to drink one everyday during the summer as I am out in the heat and in an a/c dehumidified house. 

I spent a few minutes admiring my flowers. They are starting to take off. I have more ideas for next year as I am in still in learning what I like. One thing I do like is Gerber daisies. This one is gorgeous. 

I plan on getting out a bigger pot for 2 of them next year. It can sit on the rug like this one has been. I have also noted that I have a lot of white flowers and need more red in the back yard. I love the yellow in the front and will continue on with that colour next year. I will do more ivy in the pots as it fills in the empty places quickly. 

The vegetables are growing rapidly. The peas and beans have blooms on them. The tomato plants have small tomatoes. The peppers, leeks, carrots and cucumbers are growing fast. I need to pick lettuce once again. I did spend 10 minutes weeding and getting the tomatoes in their cages correctly. I am pleased with how well the garden is doing. 

I am continuing to loose weight and have lost 44.7 lbs to date. I am ready for my visit to the hospital on Tuesday about my diabetes (or lack of it). I am hoping I am doing things correctly and can continue on the way I am or with a few small changes. My bigger goal is to be at the weight the doctor wants me at by my visit to him at the end of September. 

Sewing

The doll's dress got the skirt sewn onto it. I spent a lot of time teasing the gathers into place and then sewing it. It was a slow job but worth it. When I pressed it, the iron left a rust mark. I was up the stairs with it and got it washed out with Dawn soap. It then got hung up to dry outside under the umbrella. 

Once that scare was over, I went back downstairs and finished cutting the 96 - 3.5" squares for the cardinal quilt. 

I am ready to starch the cardinal fabric and cut out 12 - 6.5" squares. Once that is done, the red dot fabric is to be laundered and starched so I can cut out 96 rectangles. Then I will be ready to start sewing the blocks together. 

I got the fabric for daughter's bag laundered and it is ready for me to prep for sewing on Aug. 25. I have a plan to have 2 bags ready to sew that day. 

Knitting

None done as I went to bed early. I was exhausted by the time I got evening chores done. 

Today

I am going to do some cleaning as my friend is coming over after lunch to help me prep the UFO quilt to take to the quilt shop and have long armed quilted. I am sure that will be it for the day unless we have time to prep the wall hanging I want done later this year. I have to water the garden and flowers tonight. It is another day of limited time outside so I don't overheat. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment