Sunday, April 30, 2023

Almost Done The Hedge

 Yesterday was a warm day for us. It was sunny and the high got to 16.8C. This morning, it is cloudy and 2C. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds and a high of 13C. Rain is on its way. 

Lifestyle

I really didn't want to, but I did go out and work on the hedge. I started off on the road side and weeded around the 6 bushes I didn't do the day before and then did 6 more. I was cleaning up weeds as I went so walked back and forth to the bag many times as this was the weediest part. I ended up the session weeding and cleaning up the 6 bushes on the yard side. I was tired. There are 10 bushes left to weed and round one of that job is done. 

I rested for a while on the couch before having lunch as I was really tired from doing so much. Walking on the road side is hard as there is the ditch. I finally ended up walking in the bottom of the ditch as it was easier. The last 10 bushes will be easier to do on the ditch side as there is a bit more level ground to walk on. I do have to say the Dutch hoe really works though I will have to do some hand weeding right at the bushes. After the hedge is trimmed so I am not being poked at. 

My glucose readings were lower yesterday which was nice. This morning I have a reading of 6.0 which is the highest I've had in the morning. I think I know why - rice and carrots for dinner. I'll work it off weeding the garden this morning. 

Sewing

My sewing time was spent trimming the stabilizer close to the embroidered design on the back yoke. I am now ready to embroider the other half of the design. 

I sewed 6.3 meters of fabric and only bought .5 meter in April. I have sewn quite a bit of the fabric I bought in March but not all of it. I will continue to work on that over the summer. 

In May, I want to see if I can find 9 fat quarters I like for the sheep quilt. I also need to buy the backing for the cardinal quilt I want to make. Most of my efforts will be in starching the fabrics for the next 2 quilts so I can make them. While the fabrics drys, I want to sew an outfit for the dolls. 

Knitting

I did knit last night. I got the cast off rows done and then it was time to divide the front into two halves. It took a bit of figuring out as I confused myself. I did okay until I made one cable wrong. I have to watch my rows carefully as I need to decrease on at the arm side every other row and at the neckline every 4th row. The time has come to concentrate. 


It is becoming very warm to work on it. My hands sweat last night as the house was 23.5C due to the sun shining in. I did close the curtains but need to do it earlier on warm days. I will survive this as I am getting excited about finishing it up. I can't wait to see it made. 

Thoughts

    I have been worrying about the house getting too warm to sleep properly in. I read on a blog that a person is using Reflectix on their bedroom window and I am going to get a roll. I have black out drapes but I can still feel the heat coming in off the windows when the sun shines on them for most of the morning. 

    I am happy that the hedge is almost weeded. It has been a lot of work and I have ignored the house work due to being tired. I need to text the lawn mowing company to come and trim the hedge and to talk about edging the length of the hedge for me. I will weed it this year and then decide on how I want the hedge landscaped. Weed cover and rocks is my choice as wood mulch blows away. 

    With the weather changing to rain/showers I am going to be cleaning the house once again. I have decided to start in the kitchen and do a thorough job. It is time once again to scrub all the surfaces. Four days of ignoring it has it looking untidy and feeling dirty. I think it being untidy makes it feel dirty even though I do keep the surfaces washed.

Today

I am doing the balance sheet and paying bills and then will be outside to finish the hedge. I want it done before the rain comes tomorrow. If I have the energy, I hope to embroider the back yoke if I have the energy. Then I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment