Friday, April 28, 2023

Back Yoke Test Done

 Yesterday was more damp than wet. The sun did shine for a bit in the late afternoon. The high got to 12.8C. This morning it is 4C and partly cloudy. We are to have sunshine and a high of 15C.

Lifestyle

I was out and got my hair cut in the morning. Once home, I got out the hoe and gloves and weeded 6 more bushes in the hedge and around one of the trees. I didn't do clean up as I was damp and cold. But, I was out there working. 

The lawn company was in to lime the lawn. We have acidic soil which is great for blueberries but not for the lawn. I asked about the weed and it isn't Creeping Charlie. It is another weed that I can either hoe out, spray, or pull by hand. The company will monitor it this summer when they do weed control. The house behind me has hired them to do their lawns and I'm thrilled. The weeds in their lawn will be gone and there will be a nice expanse of green grass from the front of my place up to the side of theirs. 

Yesterday I tallied up my carbs for the day. I am eating below the recommended amount by about 25 grams. This means I am being strict once again to see if it helps lower my blood glucose levels. I did loose another 1.3 lbs so far this week. I will continue to be strict to see what happens. I haven't heard from the Wellness Center and I haven't called the dietician at the grocery store as I've been busy with other things. 

Sewing

I embroidered the back yoke on the test fabric and daughter likes it. 

It goes well with the front. I could tip it upwards a bit but I have limited space. She likes it the way it is.

I will trace the yoke on the good fabric and set it up to stitch. 

I posted that I could not get any more of the bee fabric on a sewing forum and a friend suggested I do the the shoes in black and white gingham. I will look for that when I am shopping next week. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and now have 10 cable patterns complete (80 rows). I have 3 cable patterns left to do and I'll be ready to cast off for under the arms. 

I am finding that my hands are cramping when knitting as I am using the hoe to weed. But the cramps left and I was able to do more rows than I had been. 

Today

I have to take Elliott to the vet this morning for his yearly check up. When home I will see if I have enough time to weed more of the hedge or if I will just pick up the weeds from yesterday. I am not sure what I will do this afternoon. I have to take grandson out for dinner tonight and then back to school to watch a play. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment