Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Good And Not So Good Results

 Yesterday was mainly sunny with a high of 12.9C. It did cloud up in the late afternoon. This morning it is 0C and cooling off a bit. We are to have sunshine for most of the day and a high of 4C. Freezing rain/ice pellets will come tonight. 

Lifestyle

I headed out to the doctor's and my check up had good and not so good results. My blood pressure is good and I am to keep checking it daily. Being on a diet and exercising is also good. When I went to get my blood works form, the doctor said my blood glucose is high enough to say I am a diabetic according to the new information he got. That shocked me as I was classified as pre-diabetic in early February. 

I spent the rest of the morning registering at the Wellness Centre at the hospital and getting supplies at the pharmacy. I mulled around and looked up how I can eat less carbs but I seem to be on the low end at this time. I did my blood glucose and I am below the new number (5.7 in Canada) with this morning's fasting test being at 4.9. I will go to the Wellness Centre when I can get an appointment and see what I can do to tweak my diet. I want my blood tests to come back in the normal range for everything. I am not concerned about my thyroid as it is under control but I want blood glucose, blood pressure and kidney function to be normal. 

I did go for my walk yesterday afternoon and it felt good to be outside. My right side hurt more than my left side but I pushed through and got my walk in. Between running around and walking, I did 1.2 km yesterday. I am happy with that. 

Sewing

I cut out the last Grinch bag yesterday and have it set aside for now. I need to find a design to embroider on it. 

I also looked at the fabric for my Christmas quilt. I need to start on the embroidery. I will need at least 12 embroidered blocks. I need to spend a bit more time figuring it out. I will need to buy some red fabric for the dark part of the block and a nice red backing for it. It will be part of my Christmas decorations. The other quilt also needs to be worked out fabric wise as I think I have all the fabrics for it. The last one needs more fabric bought for it. 

I sewed the three blocks of row 2 together. I am ready to quilt the middle row of the blocks and then attach it to row 1. 

As this is a thread hungry quilt, I may have to get another spool of the thread for the bobbin. I will know more by Friday. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the sweater and started sewing it together. The sleeves look too small around and If they are, I will have to trash this project. 

I will be trying it on the Gotz dolls today. I am hoping it fits as I do like the pattern but will not be knitting it again. I have too many other doll patterns to knit at this time.

Thoughts

    It was so nice to have a warm sunny day yesterday. I was out for a short drive and saw a large number of purple crocuses blooming in a front yard. It certainly made it feel like spring. 

    I spent some time looking for information on the new guidelines for glucose readings. I found only the information that I had been using. I trust my doctor as he is up to date on this type of information. I feel that I am within or near the new guidelines and will continue eating the way I am. 

    I finally got the last of the fluid off from eating a high salt meal (not intentional). I am down 2 lbs and it is mainly fluid loss. My hands and knee have little to no fluid build up on them this morning. 

    I am planning on uncovering the garlic this weekend. I am hoping that it survived the cold snap we had. It is time to let it wake up and start growing. We are to have a few cold nights but it shouldn't hurt them. 

Today

I have to do some house cleaning as I've been too busy to think about it. I need to walk twice today for exercise. I want to quilt row 2 and see if I finish the doll's sweater tonight or start the next project. I also need to get the cardboard ready to take out recycling out this afternoon. I do need a day at home to start getting caught up once again. 

Until the next time.............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment