Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Dinner Roll Success

 Yesterday started out foggy and by noon it was sunny. The high got to 12.2C. This morning it is cloudy and 4C. The sun is to shine by noon and we are to have a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

I made buns again yesterday morning. I did change up a few things; more yeast and half and half bread/all purpose flour. I also started with liquids in the bowl, let the yeast bloom for 2 minutes and then added the all purpose flour, let it mix and then added most of the bread flour. The dough was sticky but it held together as a nice ball when I tested it. The first rising took an hour. I shaped them into the buns, let them rise again and baked them in a 375F oven which is hotter than I normally do. They turned out perfect. I had one for lunch and it was delicious and the remaining 9 went to family for their dinner. 

I cleaned up the kitchen from making the buns and then had a rest. I was tired and think I need to air out the house once again. I will do that this afternoon. I did go for my walk after lunch and I could feel the sore muscles from being under the deck. But, I walked and felt good. 

I signed all the papers for taxes and the accountant filed them yesterday afternoon. I usually do them but this year's was different due to the Spousal Unit passing away. I am glad it is done and I should be able to do mine next year. 

Elliott loves his quilt and sleeps under it most days. In the afternoon he sleeps on top of it so he can feel the sunshine. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was tired. I also didn't want to tackle the back yoke as I am still thinking it through. I need to cut a full yoke, add the seam allowances and then play with the paper design to get the proper layout before I do a test run. It is a lot of work and I need to be in the mood to do it. I wasn't in the right mood to do it yesterday. Only in a mood to think about it.

The replacement parts for the Cricut arrived yesterday at noon. I will be trying the rotary cutter on Sunday when I cut out another pair of doll shoes. The fine tip blade is to replace the one I bought and the cutting knife looks like it will be useful for sewing and crafting. I had 5 replacement blades with it. 

The precision glue and starch are in transit from the other side of Canada and should be here next week. The starch will be delivered today. I will be ready to start the next quilt mid May.

Knitting

I did knit yesterday after having a short nap in the afternoon. I now have 6 cable patterns done. Only 7 more and I will be at the under arms. 

This is the biggest project I've done in many years. I am really enjoying watching it grow before my eyes. I am thinking that I will make an afghan next winter. I have lots of small projects to knit until then and I don't knit as much in the summer due to the humidity.

Thoughts

    I talked to son about giving them the bbq. They are going to discuss it can use mine as theirs is at the end of its life. I know I will use a small bbq vs a full sized one.

    I enjoyed making buns yesterday and would like to make them once a week. I keep 1 and family gets 9. A treat for all of us. I also want to try a few other recipes and test them on family. 

    May is going to be gardening month. I need to buy soil, a hoe, and some other gardening tools. I want to get a lot done outside working a couple of hours a day at it. My goal is to have a nice looking yard this summer. Once I have the yard where I want it, I will go back into the shed and work on cleaning it out. By then, I will have the deck items on the deck and more room to move about. 

Today

I need to do some housework and laundry. I want to haul one of the pallets to the end of driveway for pickup on Thursday. After the starch arrives, I will go to the quilt shop for some stain removal/pencil mark removal stuff and a fat quarter of the bee fabric.  I am also going to get the table top bbq as it is on sale. I should start on the yoke if I have time and will knit tonight. It will be a busier day for me which I think I need. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment