Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Cool But Busy Day

 Yesterday had a few showers and some sunshine. The high got to 10.7C. This morning it is 5C with a mix of blue skies and clouds. We are to have weather about the same as yesterday with a high of 10C. 

Lifestyle

I vacuumed all the upstairs floors yesterday and did some cleaning up. The house is pretty clean and I will need to start dusting and wiping once again as dust is starting to show up. 

I didn't walk again yesterday. I thought I was doing well and then I was tired. My glucose was low again. It was up a bit at dinner time and down to almost into the "low" zone this morning. I am confused as I ate more carbs last night for dinner. I am going to try something different today to see if that helps. 

The lawn care people showed up to aerate the lawn and I went out to talk to them. The person is happy with how well our lawn looks and I can't wait to see it this summer when it's lush and green. I also looked at the garlic. Most survived the winter and are growing. 

I went into the bank to pick up foreign currency for the two boys who are going to Japan this summer. I delivered it to them last night and the look of delight on their faces was priceless. They are so excited to have spending money while visiting Japan. 

My neighbour and I hauled the two bags of straw down to the end of the driveway to be picked up this morning. They were lighter than I had thought they would be. We also went across the main road and retrieved my missing bag of recycling from the ditch. It had blown in there when we had a big wind storm. Next up will be the ditch around part of my property as it is full of garbage. Then it will be onto weeding the hedge and under the deck. Lots to do when it warms up again. We are to have cooler/frost for the next few days.

I took pictures of the daffodils in my friend's yard. They are gorgeous and were bought from a company in Holland. I may get some to put in my yard. 

I love the frilly ones and they certainly make me feel happy looking at them. 

Elliott had been watching tv with me. He likes shows that have animals in them. Yesterday he stood up and looked at the screen closely. He has never done that before. I wonder if he was checking to see if the spices were fresh. LOL

Sewing

I did go down to the sewing room and prepped the fabric for the next test of embroidery. I wanted to see how stiff Mary Ellen's Best Press would get so saturated a piece of fabric, let it soak for a few minutes and then started to press it. I had an iron mark show up on one edge so heated up the Cricut heat press and used it. It worked to perfection and the fabric was stiff and stable. I traced the pattern onto the stiffened fabric and got the cross hatch lines on ready to start embroidering.

I ordered the glue and precision pen for quilting. I decided if I want to quilt more precisely I need to have the tools to help me do it. We are all different in how we handle fabric and I do admire those who don't have the problems I do when sewing blocks together.  

I went over to my friend's house and helped her sandwich a quilt she is quilting for a person. It is so much easier to do when there are two people. We smoothed, patted, and got it done. The quilt is gorgeous with hearts in peach tones on a white background. It will be quilted with a peach toned thread and will have butterflies and hearts stitched on it. It will be gorgeous when done. 

Knitting

I knit on the ribbing of the vest last night and am half done it. It is easy and relaxing to knit the ribbing. No pictures yet. 

Today

I am home again today and hope to do a bit of housework, embroider, walk, and knit. I have no need to go anywhere today as I have everything I need. 

Until the next time..........................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment