Monday, April 24, 2023

Epic Failure

 Yesterday was cloudy and sunny with a high of 12.6C. This morning it is 3C, foggy, and we are to have sunshine. The high is to get to 16C.

Lifestyle

It was quite the day for me. I was tired and wanting to nap. But I couldn't nap as I wasn't able to get comfortable. It happens so I do the best I can to survive. I hate being tired which is why I maintain a schedule of quiet evenings and to bed at the same time. I've done this for so many years as my body requires a good sleep before midnight. I also get up early in the morning as I am that morning person. 

I decided to bake buns for family. They didn't want to cooperate with me. They were not rising, I was questioning my technique, and in the end, I burnt them. Into the compost bin they went. Epic Failure!!

I spent some time thinking and am going to do a few things differently when I bake them today. I'm going to use half bread flour mixed with all purpose flour. I am also going to start with liquid ingredients in the bowl adding the flour afterward. I think I am adding too much flour so will have control over how much goes in if I add it last. I am going to increase the oven temperature to 375F. We will see how this works out. 

I crawled under the deck and cleaned it up. I threw out the weeds, garbage, wood, and plastic items that are no longer needed onto the lawn to bag. I put the ladders one on top of the other and tidied up the left over decking for our neighbour to take. I was sore as I was hunched over. There is only about 4.5 ft of head space under our deck compared to 8 feet everyone else has. I am now ready to spray the weeds when the nights are warmer. Not this week for sure. I also have to haul two pallets for garbage this week. It may only be one to see if they will take it. 

I got the balance sheet done late in the afternoon. It was quick and easy to do. No mistakes which surprised me. 

My glucose reading was 6.0 this morning which means I need to walk today. I did loose 1.3 lbs this week which is good. I will walk once my parcel arrives. I am tracking it and it should be delivered today. If not, I will walk after lunch. 

Sewing

I washed the second yoke and still have a very faint (almost can't see it) line at the shoulder. I have to get something to remove it tomorrow. 

I didn't sew yesterday as I was tired. I don't touch the machines as I will make a mistake without even trying. That meant I didn't do a craft with the Cricut. 

Knitting

Didn't even look at it. 

Today

I am going to bake buns again today. I want to do more laundry and some tidying up. I will walk after lunch and I may try to set up the back yoke to embroider. I hope to knit tonight. A quiet day for me which I am happy to have. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment