Saturday, April 29, 2023

Fit And Fat

 Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with a high of 15.2C. This morning it is clear and 0C. Frost on the roofs this morning. We are to have sunshine, clouds, and a high of 15C again today. 

Lifestyle

I got Elliott to the vet though I was late. I had put the time in wrong which was my problem. He was examined and given his two shots. He is fit and fat. Yes, he is on a diet once again to loose 2 to 3 lbs. Life will be miserable for both of us. He was quiet all day and didn't eat until evening. Normal for him after his vaccines. He didn't want to cuddle until later in the evening when he started to feel better. 

Once home and letting Elliott get settled in, I went out and weeded 6 more shrubs on the house side of the hedge. I then spent time cleaning up all the piles of weeds. I didn't get the road side weeded as I ran out of time. I needed to have lunch and check on Elliott. I have noticed that I am tired after weeding and did have a short nap. I have to stop that as I am not sleeping as well at night. 

I picked up grandson at school yesterday afternoon and he took me for dinner. We chose Chinese food which was delicious. I ate half the rice and very little of the sweet and sour sauce. I did eat the chicken and the spring roll. No IBS attack so I'm hoping all will be good. Grandson and I had a great visit and then I took him home so he could do his homework while his parent went to see a live musical. I do love being a part of their lives. 

Sewing

I spent my sewing time tracing the pattern onto the good fabric and embroidering half of it. Each stitch out takes a good hour and needs to be monitored. 

I hauled out the shirt pattern daughter uses (I do own it surprisingly) and measured the cuffs. I need to make my own pattern to see if I can make the cuffs out of some scraps which I will put the blue flower on. No promises here. 

While looking at the pattern, I am hoping I have enough chambray in the stash to make a longer shirt for myself. It is McCalls 6124 and I would make View D. I can wear it with leggings. 


I only need to buy thread and buttons. 

Knitting

I got the vest done to the underarms. I spent all evening on it so I can start working on towards the V front. 

Thoughts

    I still hate the hedge even though it has its benefits. One of the thorns on a dry branch jabbed me and the point broke off remaining in my thumb. I spent a good 10 minutes getting it out. I won't be taking it out but I will continue to weed it and, hopefully, only have to take out the occasional thorn. I will get it trimmed once it is weeded. 

    I did a bit of research on A1C and found that it should be between 5.7 and 6.5. My doctor wants it at the lower end of the range. I am still working hard at having good readings at each meal. It is a lot of work but I am hoping it will be worth it in the long run. 

    I am watching another series of house cleaning videos. This person is Canadian and I like her ideas but hate her presentations. She grates on my nerves. But, I am learning some things I haven't learned in other videos. I will start her approach to cleaning on rainy days. The outside work is taking up my time right now. 

Today

I need to weed some more on the hedge and do the clean up. I also need to get a few things at the grocery store. I would like embroider the other half of the back yoke. Tonight I will knit on the sweater. A stay at home day for me which is fine as I want to get as much of the hedge weeded as I can before it rains on Monday.

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment