Friday, April 21, 2023

A Faint Blue Line

 Yesterday was about as cool as the day before. It was sunny with some wind and a high of 11.4C. The wind had a bite to it as it was coming out of the NW. This morning it is clear and 2C. We are to have sun, clouds, wind and a high of 12C.

Lifestyle

I was out the door early to pick up some blowing paper and put it into the compost bags at curb side. Back in the house and got myself together for the day. There is a fair amount of garbage around and I'm trying to pick it up as I see it. 

I didn't do a lot around the house yesterday but did some. My glucose reading was low in the morning so I had some canned peaches with my breakfast. At lunch the reading was better and I had more peaches. This morning I have a higher reading and am happier. I may have to have canned fruit when my readings drop low again. 

I went out for my walk after lunch when I knew I had the energy to do it. I walked 1.2 km which was great. I wasn't overly tired when I got done which was nice. There weren't a lot of people walking as the wind was cold. In the protected areas it was warm making the walking really nice. In the wind, not so much.

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time working on the embroidery for daughter's shirt. The last test was stitched out and I got the first front done. When I looked at it, there was a faint blue line from the frixon pen. I was really upset. 

You can barely see it but it annoyed me. I spritzed the areas with water but it didn't help. The fabric is now soaking in a dish of Dawn soap. I will leave it there until after breakfast. 

I did stitch down the stabilizer to the fabric prior to playing with the fabric. I stitched on the pink line I had drawn and then 1/8" inside. I will decide if I will keep the stitching in or remove it and cut the stabilizer back. As the fabric is going over denim, I don't want the shadow of the denim to show through the white fabric. 

The remaining shirt yokes are on hold until I get this front mark free. I'm trying to use as little fabric as possible as daughter wants to cut out cuffs, sleeves, and collar from it. 

I starched the squares for the quilt embroidery so they are really stiff. I want this fabric as stable as possible for embroidering and piecing. I did take the remaining napkins apart and that job is done. I did it while the test and main yokes were embroidering. 

Knitting

I got the ribbing done and the first cable pattern done last night. It feels slow right now as there isn't much knit but I know it will move quickly once I get 3 or 4 more patterns done. 

Today

I am taking grandson to school shortly and then my day is full of waiting. The company that does lawn mowing, etc. will be by sometime today to give me quotes. I have a person coming around 6 pm to get pants hemmed to wear to a wedding next weekend. I will be doing them while I embroider either cardinals or the yokes of the shirt. I needed something to keep me busy while I baby sit the machine. I doubt if I will get anything done outside as the wind will be blowing from the NW but if I do, I will work under the deck. I may embroider a cardinal this afternoon and knit tonight. It is a stay at home wait for people day.

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment