Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Magnolias Are Blooming

Yesterday started out cloudy and ended up sunny. The high got to 10C. This morning it is cloudy and -1C. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

As I waited to see if my parcel would be delivered to the house or the community boxes, I did a few things like laundry, litter box cleaning, and a bit of organizing. When the parcel was delivered to the community box, I was out the door. 

I picked up the parcel and took off for New Minas. I had a list of things I needed to do. I also visited both quilt shops. I was on a mission to get the things I needed. 

First up was to get the big paper leaf bags and a new Dutch hoe. I also got my table top bbq (on sale) and the propane for it. Mission accomplished. Once done, I had lunch and then allowed myself to relax and enjoy myself. 

On the trip home, I went the back way. I noticed the magnolia trees were coming out in bloom. I was excited as the Spousal Unit and I loved looking at them in bloom. I did the route in Windsor to see if our favourite old huge tree was coming out into bloom and it was. The little one down the street from me is also coming out into bloom. I was so happy to see that spring is almost here. 

After unloading the car, I took the Dutch hoe and did a bit of weeding under the hedge. It works great though I will have to do a bit of hand weeding next to the bushes. I also noticed that two of the plants I was weeding around have dead branches in them and will have to cut them out. 

I was out quite a while yesterday and walked 1.2 km while shopping. That is the best I have done while shopping. I was sore but not so sore that I was in pain. I didn't rush but let myself move at a good pace as I moved about a lot of the stores I was in. 

Sewing

My first stop of the day was to the quilt shop closest to home. I was looking for a fat quarter of fabric but it was gone. I accept that it was popular and I will figure out what I will do for shoes for the bee outfit I am going to make. I did snoop around the shop and was surprised that they had the glue, the starch, and the nibs for the starch pen that I ordered. They also carry the Sewline pen and replacement parts. I picked up the glue, a package of nibs, and a bottle of soap that is suppose to remove pencil lines. 

My second to last stop of the day was the second quilt shop. I was going to just snoop and buy only a pattern if it was in the shop. I spotted it within 2 minutes of entering the shop. 

I saw the pattern on Facebook and knew I wanted to make it only if I could find the pattern locally. It will be quilt #4 which may not get made until after Christmas. I will slowly pick up the fabrics for it. I did look at all the fabrics and found one I liked for the sheep quilt. This shop also carries the Sewline pens and the replacement parts. With both quilt shops carrying them I won't have to order from England. 

My last stop was at the craft store where I picked up another board, a roll of vinyl, ribbon, and flowers. I love the flowers and now need to figure out what colour vinyl I need to use to make daughter a sign for her sewing room. The other signs are ready to go in the next couple of Sundays.

At home, I opened the parcel and was excited to see my starch. I shook one bottle and put some in a jar for my friend. She uses it when she shaping her pieces for her wall hangings. I took it over to her last evening. 

I noticed this morning that I my parcel of items (glue, starch, and starch pen) have had quite the excursion. They landed in Newfoundland yesterday afternoon. I may get them tomorrow which means a trip into town if they arrive while I am out. 

I did no sewing yesterday as I was late getting home and Elliott needed my attention. 

Knitting

I got 8 rows knit on the vest last night. I am just over half way done to the under arms. 

Today

I am watching the weather as I want to do some hoeing under the hedge. I have set a goal of 3-4 shrubs a day before it starts to rain. I want to vacuum floors and get some groceries. I need to start on the back yoke so I can embroider it on rainy days. I also need to take garbage out before dinner. Tonight I need to knit. A busy at home day for me.

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment