Saturday, April 08, 2023

Near The End of The Quilt

 Yesterday was a windy day. The high go to 10.4C but the wind made it feel about 4C cooler. The sun did shine though. This morning it is -3C with a wind chill of -8C. The high is to get to 2C and we could have wind, snow flurries, and clouds. The wind is suppose to die down tonight. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen, dining area and hall. There was a lot of cat hair and the floors should be done every day. I was done in time to go for my walk before lunch. Once I got home, I folded the laundry I had done. 

I did walk twice yesterday. It was cold walking in the wind especially in the afternoon. I bundled up like it was winter. But I got 1.4 km in as I went to the next power pole. I am sleeping much better since I started to walk which is nice. 

Sewing

I spent almost 2 hours sewing yesterday. I finished quilting between rows 1 and 2 and started quilting the blocks for row 3. 

The blocks on row 3 have quilting on the bottom and the outer blocks have quilting in the outside corner and side. The sides that need to be sewn together are not quilted yet. 

All the blocks are trimmed and ready to be sewn together. I am coming to the end of my learning curve. And it has been quite the learning curve. I know I like quilting this way and want to make something larger. 

My next job is going to be to clean off the cutting table and then make a skirt and shoes for the dolls. 

Knitting

I knit 16 rows on the vest yesterday and got 2 more cable repeats done. I have the pattern memorized and can knit and watch tv in the evenings. 

It is a relaxing knit with just a bit of fun added in when doing the 2 cable rows. 

Thoughts

    I am trying to get the house cleaned up so I can head outside this coming week and work in the shed. I plan on cleaning it up ready for son to take things home or sell them. I want to be able to walk in there and find what I want/need without falling over things. 

    I also need to start working under the deck and get it cleaned up. I will need help with that as there are 2 ladders and left over decking that needs to be dealt with. I will talk to son about that so I can do most of it by myself. 

    I am finding that I have to eliminate some foods from my diet as they make my blood sugar stay higher than I want. Fruit canned in pear juice is one, which surprised me. I am going to have to have sugar-free jello without fruit in it. 

Today

I am going to focus on cleaning the living room as I need to get the cat hair in there under control. I will go for my 2 walks also. I want to sew on Elliott's quilt and knit on the vest tonight. Another quiet day at home. The stores are open and will be super busy with lots of last minute Easter shopping being done. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment