Friday, April 14, 2023

Elliott Loves His Quilt

 Yesterday was sunny with a nice breeze. The high got to 17.2C. This morning it is cloudy and 13C. We are to have sunshine, wind, and a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

I spent most of the morning cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry. I was tired as I had been up to the bathroom more often than I liked getting rid of excess fluid. I pushed and got the jobs done. 

I turned off the heat, opened the windows and let the fresh spring air come in. It is nice to have the opportunity to do that after having to run heat all winter. Elliott sits at the back door looking out wanting me to open the door for him. I do it a couple of times a day and he sniffs the air. He may step out onto the deck if he isn't too much of a chicken.

I walked twice yesterday and did a total of 1.5 km. It is getting easier to do and I'm not as tired as I was when I started. I will remain at this goal for a couple of more days and then start adding more. I'd like to walk a total of 2 km a day until it gets too hot. On my first walk I saw robins which was exciting. They were running everywhere on a lawn eating bugs. 

Sewing

I sat watching tv in the family room and finished sewing the binding on to Elliott's quilt. I brought it up and threw it on his chair. 

He spent a lot of time sniffing it and then ignoring it. After dinner, he jumped up on it and settled down for a 2 hour nap on it. He wiggled and moved around until he was happy to have a cave. 

He is back on it this morning which means he likes it. 

After finishing the binding, I grabbed 11 cotton napkins I had made about 3-4 years ago. I picked the thread out of one so I could have a  piece of fabric which is about 20" square. I pressed it, starched it, and did some more pressing and starching. I left it to dry to see if it is stiff enough. If so, I will cut out 2 - 8" squares to embroider cardinals on for my quilt. I want to use all the fabric from the 11 squares in my cardinal quilt. I should pick the thread out of one napkin a day and prep it for use. 

Knitting

I got the 12 rows unknit, the mistake fixed and started knitting again. I've finished the decreases for under the arm and have 7 more pattern repeats before I start casting off for the shoulder seams and back neck. 

Excuse the horrid picture but I was the shadow and I had to use my feet to open the side pieces as they curl up. I am happy with how much I've gotten knit in 8 evenings. 

Today

My goal today is to do a bit more house work, more laundry, and walk twice. I want to clean up the cutting table putting away items I don't need out, look at the next project, and unpick and prep the next napkin. I will knit again tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment