Sunday, April 02, 2023

More Quilting

 Yesterday was cold, snowy, rainy, but not really windy. The high during the day got to around 3C. By midnight it was 7.6C. This morning it is 5C and cloudy. We are to remain at about 5C all day and have sunshine and clouds. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning and got quite a bit done. A lot of the floors were washed and a lot of the house is tidy. I plan to keep going with it as I do like it clean. 

A went out for a walk just before noon. I did just under a half kilometre. At 3 pm I went out again and walked over a half kilometre making my total outside walking just over a kilometre. I want to do this most days as it felt good being out there, even in the rain. My weak side feels the walking but I am hoping it will get stronger with time.  

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours on the quilt and this is labour intensive. I am not finished the first row. I still have 4 rectangles and 2 triangles left to quilt before I start on row 2. 

You can't see the quilting at a distance as the thread colours blend in well. 

Up close is better. You can see the stitching in real life when this close. 

What amazes me is the top thread is white and blends in quite well with the light green. 

I took it over to my friend and showed her. She gave me a few pointers for around the edge as it ripples a bit. She showed me her fox which is coming along wonderfully and the project she took a class in. When done, it is going to be a fun wall hanging. 

I cut out two gift bags and need to mark them for the vinyl I am going to put on them. I need to cut out the handles and then decide what to make with the left over fabric. Maybe a small gift bag or two with something else Grinch on them. 

Knitting

I knit the second sleeve and realized I had made a mistake on the first one. I ripped it out and knit it again. 

The light I use to knit by casts a lot of shadows when taking pictures. I will try to get better pictures today. 

Thoughts

    I am trying to get ready to go shopping tomorrow. I've been looking to see if things are available and I found brown heat transfer vinyl for another project. I need to get a couple of other things at the store also. I also have a couple of other stores to go to and then home. It is the only day to shop as it is going to rain until Friday. 

    I am glad I pushed myself out the door to walk twice yesterday. When I am stronger I will walk further once a day. I hope to go to take a trip this fall so need to be able to walk distances. Next year I want to take another trip and want to go on a walking tour. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet and pay a couple of bills. Then it is downstairs to play on the Cricut and work on the quilt. I will go for 2 walks today also. I want to knit tonight. A quiet day for me. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment