Monday, April 10, 2023

A Fun Day of Sewing

Yesterday was sunny with some wind. The high got to 6.4C. This morning it is 2C and we are to have sunshine, wind, and a high of 13C. 

Lifestyle

I had the balance sheet done before I ate breakfast. It was done very quickly. I didn't do a big review as I know where my money is spent. 

I decided not to walk yesterday but have a day of rest. I did go and see my friend after dinner and we took her dog for a very short walk. My knee was sore and I was blaming it on the weather but it is from using the knee lift on the sewing machine. I have used it a lot in the past 2 days and need to stop using it once again. My knee does not like the angle I turn it at and flares up on me. 

I wanted turkey for dinner last night. I put a turkey breast on and didn't realize it would take twice as long as I had thought. My blood sugar was low so I cooked up some shrimp, had the rest of the dinner I had made. I will have turkey today and tomorrow. It was a case of not thinking straight.

Sewing

I chose to sew yesterday. The first project was another gift bag with the Grinch's face on it. 

I have enough of the green left to make one more Grinch bag. I didn't think I would. use this green up as fast as I did. The bag took me a good 2 hours to make. I still have some of the lining fabric left and will piece it into the next Grinch bag so it is all used up. 

The second project was to make a doll's skirt. I was very careful cutting out the skirt in hopes that I have enough left to make shoes. The skirt went together fairly quickly and I am pleased with how it looks with the sweater and I hat I made last month. The sweater is a bit big on the doll but not so bad it looks ridiculous. 

I do have enough fabric to make the shoes. I will do that one day this week as I want to cut them out on the Cricut. 

Knitting

I knit another 16 rows on the vest last night. It is coming along and I am happy with it. 

I have a feeling that this project will take me until June to finish. But it will be a beautiful vest when done. 

Today

I am going to head out to get meat at the butcher's shop this morning. I want to walk at least once if not twice today. The goal is to sew row 3 onto the quilt and start quilting it. I will knit on the vest tonight. Family arrives home today so all my plans may get turned upside down and in a good way.

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment