Tuesday, April 18, 2023

A Successful and Busy Day

 Yesterday was warm and overcast. The fog disappeared before noon and the high got to 17.1C. This morning it was 8C, wet, and cloudy. Though the high is to get to 18C, we are to have periods of rain today.

Lifestyle

I headed out the door early to get groceries as I was out of fruit. I got what I needed and will have to get more fruit before I need anything else. I got everything done before noon that needed to be done.

After lunch, I called the Cricut help line as I wanted to resolve the issue of the machine not cutting properly on the first cut. The person I got set me up on Zoom and over an hour later, he figured out that both of the blades sent with my machine were no good. I got a coupon to replace them. When I put the coupon in it would not accept it. I went onto chat yesterday and it shut down on me. Today I succeeded and the person said I had the US coupon not the Canadian one. I got a new coupon and all is good. Both of the people I talked to were awesome. 

I also ordered the starch yesterday and hope it will be delivered before the end of the month. I waiting for confirmation that I got the discount and that it is being shipped. 

I didn't walk yesterday as I was tired. The low glucose levels I had on Sunday dictated I not do anything strenuous. I also had a higher carb dinner which has me in good shape again. I need to make the pulled pork again to have when I have these low days. 

The neighbour has daffodils in bloom and I am enjoying them from the front windows. They are so cheerful. I have to clean up the front bed of my place as the lilies are coming up. I was not able to mentally do the job last fall. I hope to do it once this rain is over. I am going to add flower pots to the front of the house this year as I will have the time to do it and I do want our place to look cheerful. 

Sewing

I stitched out a yoke from scrap fabric yesterday so I could get the placement correct. I haven't done this for 12-14 years so a learning curve. The first stitch out was not correct. 


I lined up the center lines with the center front. I forgot that I should make it more angled. So I played with the print out and I am ready to stitch once again.

It is a good thing I have huge spools of embroidery thread. The design can't be pulled down any further on the pattern due to the seam allowances. I will trace the pattern onto the fabric, add the lines to find the center point and stitch away. We wait and see if this is what I want it to look like. 

I have not thought about the next project I want to sew as this one is consuming all my sewing time. All I can do is take the napkins apart as I babysit the embroidery machine. I am assuming it will take me up to 5 days to embroider this shirt once I start on the main fabric. 

I did get pictures of the doll wearing the shoes. One shoe is a bit big on the doll and I am wondering if she has a smaller foot. 

I think I will have to make her some tights or knit her a pair of socks to go with this outfit. 

Knitting

I finished the back of the vest last night. I am really happy to have it done so I can see what it looks like. 

Today

I have to go to the bank and to get my lenses put into my glasses this morning. This afternoon I need to stitch out the next test yoke and go for my walk. The rain is to stop this morning and I do need to walk at least once today. Tonight I will cast on the stitches for the front of the vest if I don't go over to see my neighbour. An in and out of the house day for me. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment